Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

iPod question

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Default iPod question

I just got an 07 A3 and it has the Concert stereo system in it with NO CD Changer and NO SAT radio....
....I bought the Dice Electronics i-AUDI-R kit and installed it on my car( I'm a tech at Scottdale Bentley/Rolls-Royce)...
I cannot get the damn thing to work...... tech support they have is a total waste of time....
They have no idea what's going on either and they will not send me a new one b/c I installed it!!!!!!
So I went to the Audi dealership thinking that they have a factory iPod adaptor... they do but I'm not sure if it will work on my car or not b/c I would still need to get the CD Changer harness( $30).....
So long story short.....what is everyone else running in thier cars for iPod equipment???
Any help would be Great..... thanks

Carl

Old 08-07-2007, 10:25 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: iPod question

Dice kit here, no problems. Did you possibly miss the extra black ground wire that splits off the harness? If not, check the ground source, often you got to find a good chassis point.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:53 PM
1st Gear

I too have the Dice kit and have had no problems. Did you mess with the toggle switches at all? I didn't bother with trying "Dice mode" which supposedly can give you control of the iPod through the deck, in fact I preferred controlling the iPod manually. So I have both switches ON.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:43 PM

-txhorns-

I hooked up the ground wire to like 2 different ground( well what I though were grounds) I will try again... Thanks..

-skwid-

I didnt really mess with the DIP switches but I will make sure that they are both in the "ON" settings...

Ok guys.... not how long did it take your iPod to sycn to the DICE??? Do I just leave both off and turn the Head unit on frist or were you guys pulling fuses to interupt the power???

Old 08-09-2007, 09:47 PM
1st Gear

love the DICE, works fine on mine. the Audi integration is not worth it.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:01 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Asilver3

-txhorns-

I hooked up the ground wire to like 2 different ground( well what I though were grounds) I will try again... Thanks..
I had to find something under the driver side panels, just touch the wire aroundgrounding locationswith the ignition on (not engine), until you get a good one. It runs on your "CD" mode, and initializes pretty quick. Your CD display should look like a disc changer display if it is working properly. It will say CD 1 TRK XX. Good luck!

Old 08-10-2007, 01:05 AM

I have tried every ground that I could find under the dash and STILL no luck.....I wonder if something it wrong with it......????
I have no idea what to do now????
Anyone know of any other iPod to car interfaces???
In my A6 I had Peripherial( iPod to car system) that was GREAT, all the steering wheel controls worked,but they dont make one for the A3.....
... I'm ready to huck the DICE module into the air and shoot it....

Carl

Old 08-11-2007, 10:01 AM
1st Gear

Just ruling out everything here, are you operating in "CD" mode? I think you push the CD button again to get it into what the HU thinks is disc changer mode. I think.... lol If you've checked and double checked all your connections, then it may just be a bunk unit. Try to contact the DICE peeps, seeif they have any other solutions!

Old 08-11-2007, 08:17 PM
1st Gear

Just bought a Monster iCarPlay Wireless from 6th Avenue Electronics for $38 delivered:

http://www.6ave.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=MONAIIPFMCH

Very easy to use, good sound, and charges the iPod while in use. I am very satisfied, especially for the price and ease of use.

Old 08-12-2007, 05:05 PM

-jwt713-

I had thought about getting one of those but I would really like to be able to us the steering wheel controls.....
Thanks though.....I just might get one for right now so that I can at least listen to my iPod in my car.....