Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

J.D. Power Survey

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 05:14 PM
1st Gear
Default J.D. Power Survey

I received the JD Power New Vehicle Quality Survey yesterday. I've filled it out and my only complaint on the entire four page survey is the pedals are too close for my size 13 feet. I've got 4000 miles and three months on her. Absolutely no problems so far. This is my third Audi and I can't say the same for the other two. Have you guys/gals had a similar experience? It's the most satisfying car I've ever owned and I'm 61 years old with a bunch of cars under my belt.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Default RE: J.D. Power Survey

I don't have the car yet, but I already find the uncloseable sunroof irksome, as well as the poor technology-compatibility (no AUX input, no mp3 capability).

However, those cons are far outweighed by all the things I like about the car.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:40 PM
1st Gear

I share those concerns, but the survey didn't ask about them. It's about "things gone wrong". So far, nothing has "gone wrong". Still a most satisfying car.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:47 PM
1st Gear

Congrats on your A3 and glad you have no complaints so far!

I agree, it is the most satisfying vehicle I have driven. Its very smooth, especially since if you have Premium, and very fun on curvy road ways.

The only complaints I have are the open sky roof, which rattled and I had it fixed at the dealer a couple weeks ago, but now its rattling a bit again.

Also my driver side leather seat cracked a bit, on the left side.
Audi ordered the seat portion and is replacing it for free.
So, I am bringing it into the dealer to have that replaced and I will mention the open sky rattling on me AGAIN.

Had an issue with oil consumption as well, the "min oil" light came on, I had to add a quart.
I didnt know this was a regular thing. Its mentioned alot in this forum. Its gotta be checked every 1000 miles or so. That's something that still baffles me with a new car, never heard of this issue with new cars these days. But oh well.

Enjoy and good luck!

Old 07-26-2007, 07:18 PM
1st Gear

Actually, I sometimes also get the feeling that the pedals are a bit close to each other. This usually happens when I wear dress shoes (I wear a 10.5 - 11 depending on the type of shoe). Otherwise, it's not really an issue and if I don't rotate my foot too far to the right, it's a non-issue.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:55 PM
1st Gear

It's only an issue for me when I wear running shoes (and being retired, I don't wear much else), but I work around it.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:21 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Rowdy

I received the JD Power New Vehicle Quality Survey yesterday. I've filled it out and my only complaint on the entire four page survey is the pedals are too close for my size 13 feet.
Haha, that is my biggest complaint about the car too! Before this, I drove a truck so my size 14s were never an issue. I adjusted to it pretty quickly though and have rarely had any issues after a couple days of getting used to the car.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:32 PM
1st Gear

I was completely satisfied and jazzed until my engine failed at 3000 miles with dire safety consequences. Audi admits it has NO FIX. However, it's delightful to report that before my engine conked out, I had no buzzes or rattles.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:29 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Rowdy

I share those concerns, but the survey didn't ask about them. It's about "things gone wrong". So far, nothing has "gone wrong". Still a most satisfying car.
The only thing that went wrong for me was the dealership!! The car is incredible!!

I went from a 2003 IS300 to the 2007 A3... Yeh I lost a few of the luxuries like power/heated seats... the auto dim rear view...
but I got a car that sure can drive!!! (The steering wheel controls were also a bonus!)

Old 07-27-2007, 04:37 PM
1st Gear

The only thing that went wrong for me was the dealership!!
I had that concern as I contemplated the purchase of my A3. Previously, I had purchased two Audi's from this dealer, Audi of Charlotte, and hated them (the dealer, not the car). The sales experience was bad and service was worse. I took those cars to an independent shop and always got good service there. SO my big question was, do I want to do business with these folks again? When I test drove the A3, I fell in love with it. I didn't think any other car would satisfy me as well. So I went through the sales process and much to my surprise, this dealer has a changed attitude. They seem to value the customer. Now we'll have to see how the maintenance side goes. I'll be there for 4 or 5 years since I bought the maintenance program. Wish me luck.

How can such nice cars be sold by these crappy dealers (as I read this forum, many of the posters have dealer problems)? I would think Audi would protect their image better.

Quick Reply: J.D. Power Survey