Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

J.D. Power Survey

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 03:52 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: J.D. Power Survey

ORIGINAL: Rowdy

The only thing that went wrong for me was the dealership!!
I had that concern as I contemplated the purchase of my A3. Previously, I had purchased two Audi's from this dealer, Audi of Charlotte, and hated them (the dealer, not the car). The sales experience was bad and service was worse. I took those cars to an independent shop and always got good service there. SO my big question was, do I want to do business with these folks again? When I test drove the A3, I fell in love with it. I didn't think any other car would satisfy me as well. So I went through the sales process and much to my surprise, this dealer has a changed attitude. They seem to value the customer. Now we'll have to see how the maintenance side goes. I'll be there for 4 or 5 years since I bought the maintenance program. Wish me luck.

How can such nice cars be sold by these crappy dealers (as I read this forum, many of the posters have dealer problems)? I would think Audi would protect their image better.
Right now Audi USA is going through a bit of a transformation. They are trying to increase their brand awareness and marketshare, as well as become more widely perceived as being on the same level with BMW and Mercedes. Part of this process is changing the way things are done at the dealerships. My local dealer just changed hands a few months ago because the previous owner didn't want to cooperate with Audi's new plans. Perhaps the same thing happened at yours. Seems to be working out for the better.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:34 PM
1st Gear

Same ownership, but perhaps they got the message.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:55 AM

I will be 61 in a few days, and I am in agreement with you about this car. I have had faster cars, better handling cars, bigger cars and smaller cars. But this car is the best combination of things I value in a car. I no longer have to own 3 cars as I once did. (and I was single) Of course if I was still single I would have a lot more mods, can't have everything!