Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.
View Poll Results: A poll
keep
71.43%
sale
28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

keep or sale A3, need opions

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 02:35 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: keep or sale A3, need opions

the 84 month financing w/ zero down comes out to being cheaper then a 3yr lease w/ zero down. the goal is to keep the car for 3 yrs and make alittle equity. i'm not worried one bit about me being upside down. i know people that have always giving good deals when i trade my car in. i dont really care if i'm uspide down abit cause either if i put alot down or have had leased it i would lose even more money if i turned the car over in a a year. i buy a car almost every year and this saves alittle more money. i have a credit score around 800 and i make $70k a year, i have a seprate account just for the cayman w/ almost $10k in it. the cayman S i want msrp's for $64k, i can get it for $56k brand new but it's still alittle out of reach after tax and stuff, s i'll probly buy a used one.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:33 PM
1st Gear

do you track your car at all? Or are you only looking for street performance?

Old 07-09-2007, 03:50 PM
1st Gear

I havent had any track time but i really really really want to do some x-cross and some track days at willow springs. I live 2 miles from work so I don't ever drive in traffic.

other cars of intrest:S5, bmw 135i, TT3.2 quattro, like I said earlier the Cayman is my dream car.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:54 PM
1st Gear

Also i should add that yes, the stock tires blow donkey nuts. Get something different, chip the car, throw on a rear sway bar and the car will perform leaps and bounds better. For launching your only real option is an LSD, but it will never have the grip of a AWD car and you're foolish if you ever expect otherwise. Also you seem to be all over the place in your choices of car! From an evo with amazing performance and an interior put to shame by a civic, to an a3 with a great balance of performance and niceties, to a cayman s with again amazing performance and a nice luxury level, but zero practicality and a whole new league of pricing! I understand what you are trying to do with the 84 mo. lease but personally i think its VERY risky, especially once you start getting into euro cars and more expensive cars in general.(they seem to lose a lot of value a lot faster)Leasing and high month leases are basically ways to get into cars someone couldnt otherwise afford.if you can't pay the car off in 3 or 4 years comfortably, then you probably can't afford the car in reality, but to each their own regarding finances. I'm not criticizing you, just stating my opinion of how i see things.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:20 PM
4th Gear

Sell man, I get where your coming from with, going from a 280whp AWD car to a 200 something at the crank car is a tough change....

Sell it and go for that cayman S, I can promise you, you won't regret that A3's are great cars, but I get where your coming from and after having an Evos performance you will never acheive that empty hole in your heart with an A3[&:]

Old 07-09-2007, 04:59 PM
1st Gear

Falcompsx; my hand is pretty much being forced to at least try new tires, rear sway bar and a chip and then decide how I fell bout my car. ya it's really complacated w/ the financing it wasn't my idea it's what my finance guy suggested. If I decide to keep the car i'll pay it off in a couple years or else I would have paid like $60k for a A3 when done, haha

ya i'm really bad with cars (02 tahoe, 05 avalanche, 05 evo8 and 07 A3) but w/ roof racks the cayman can hold my mountain bike, surfboard and w/e.

Amze; this was my 1st fwd drive (and my last) and i totaly fell for all the hipe (IMO)of the DSG, my evo friends just point and laugh at me now when i'm still stuck at a light trying to catch them.

I have a used 06 CS lined up that will only increase my monthy payment by $100 if I put that money down that I saved up. and w/ the new 08 CS's coming out and a facelift for 2010 the price on a used prosche is dropping fast.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:29 PM
1st Gear

before you go dumping money into the a3 that you may regret, let me remind you that no matter what you do to it, it will never perform like an evo, or have awd. But it will make a night and day difference.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:40 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: falcompsx

before you go dumping money into the a3 that you may regret, let me remind you that no matter what you do to it, it will never perform like an evo, or have awd. But it will make a night and day difference.
u got pm