Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Lockout

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:29 AM
1st Gear
Question Lockout

I recently purchased a 2006 A3 2.0T. I have had it about 3 weeks now. I love the car. On two occasions I have had an issue where I could not get the car to start. I would unlock the car, open the door, put the key in the ignition and start the car. The car would start, then shut off. I turn the ignition off, then back on again, notice that most of the dash is dead (no start up post information) and again, turns over, starts and immediately shuts off. I read a few articles that suggested disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it to work around the problem. This has worked on both occasions. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and knows what could be the culprit. (btw. I keep a penlight and a wrench in my glove box for just this reason)

I took the car to a local car parts store where they "checked" the battery. The meter said the battery was fine, however I believe it is an original battery. The car runs great. I do not have any other issues besides that one.

This was the one thread I found that helped me work around the issue.
immobilize immobilizer? (Car won't start... blinking icon) - TDIClub Forums