Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

my A3 order is "Out of Production"

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 06:54 PM
1st Gear
Default my A3 order is "Out of Production"

Topic title says it all... just figured I'd pass on the news to continue in this "shared" experience of A3 ownership (almost).

My sales rep. said my car came out of production this week and is headed to port - headed overseas. It will be 2-3 weeks until it gets to port here, then on to prep. and inspection. THEN finally to the dealership. I'm still looking at 30-40 days....is that any better than saying 4-5 weeks.

At least I should have it before Christmas!

I ordered this car on Sept. 25 - so that was a solid 7 weeks to get this car into and through production.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: my A3 order is "Out of Production"

Sounds like you got a nice update on your A3!

You should definetly have it before X-Mas I would say.

Makes an AWESOME X-Mas gift for yourself thats for sure!

Old 11-19-2006, 01:28 PM
1st Gear

I was just told mine is also in transit and should be ready by the end of December or early January. I ordered on 10/6/2006. What that means for me is that I'll have a clean car for about a block after I leave the dealership. We should have plenty of that white crap on the ground by then [:'(]

Old 11-21-2006, 10:14 PM
1st Gear

For scalz and at1ce, who custom ordered your A3...

I was curious what kind of deal you were able to negoatiate on a custom order?

I plan on either custom ordering or having the dealer locate my exact car and then shipping it to me. I was able to negotiate $500 over invoice on a car that's on their lot already but wondering what to expect on a custom ordered car.

Thanks, uwhusky

Old 11-21-2006, 10:59 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: uwhusky

I plan on either custom ordering or having the dealer locate my exact car and then shipping it to me. I was able to negotiate $500 over invoice on a car that's on their lot already but wondering what to expect on a custom ordered car.

Thanks, uwhusky
The dealer does.

Custom car order depends on what Audi model how much of a break they will give you off on MSRP. With 2007 A3 don't expect that much...maybe $1000 off.

Car on the lot you have quite a bit of bargaining flexability, they want to get rid of it, big discounts on remaining 2006 A3 service loaners with a few miles. Car at a another dealer site that needs to be locally shipped adds the hassle of dealer trading cars, so less bargaining power. If very far away you might have to pay additional shipping charge ($300 to $600 maybe).

Old 11-22-2006, 12:39 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: uwhusky

I negotiated $500 over invoice with the car exactly how I wanted it. I had to put down a non-refundable $500 deposit, but that will go towards the car when here. You can also negotiate the maintenance contract which I have not done yet. I bought two other Audis from the same dealer so maybe that helped. Keep in mind this is a good deal for the dealer IMHO since they didn't have to keep it in inventory at all.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:38 PM
1st Gear

I had a simuliar experience. The A3 S 3.2 I wanted was fairly rare, but the dealership got it shipped from another dealership (after a $500) deposit. The only difference is that I negotiated a better deal, but that includes my trade in which makes everything less reliable and complicated. Overall I'm very happy with the price ~36K

Old 11-24-2006, 10:26 PM
1st Gear

I waited 3 months for my 07 A3 and it took 6 months for my wifes 07 GTI[:-]

Old 11-29-2006, 02:18 PM
1st Gear

New Info!

My car is "in port" HERE in the U.S. - Rhode Island to be exact. My sales rep. couldn't be sure how quickly "prep. and inspection" will take. I might have it next week! My long wait is almost over.

Old 11-29-2006, 02:56 PM
1st Gear

[sm=smiley20.gif] Well alrighty then!

I'm still by the end of December or early January.

Quick Reply: my A3 order is "Out of Production"