Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Need Help Using A3 (Came W/O Manual)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 03:38 PM
1st Gear
Default Need Help Using A3 (Came W/O Manual)

Good day everyone,

We recently picked up a 2006 A3 Sport but which came without the owner's manual. My broker has one on order, but in the meantime I was hoping someone could tell me how to do a few things.

1) How and where do I set the time (on the clock on the left side of the steering wheel console)?

2) Do I have more than one MPG/Average Speed display? I noticed an "1" in the upper corner of the display.

3) How do I confirm I DO NOT have Bluetooth?

4) How do the voice commands work? What can you do with it?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Regards,

Earl Webster
Oakland, CA

Old 08-02-2007, 03:51 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Need Help Using A3 (Came W/O Manual)

Congrats on your new car Earl, I got mine this week as well (with a manual) = ]

1) To change the time, push (or pull) the left **** sticking out of the steering wheel console. The hour should start blinking, to change the hour, turn the **** to the left or right. Push/Pull the **** to scroll through the minutes, month, day, year, etc...

2) Yes you have 2 displays shown by the "1" in the upper corner. you can toggle through them using the 'reset' button on the same **** (window wiper ****) where you scroll through the display. It should in the bottom of that ****. as you scroll through you can got the menu setup and change the time using the **** as well.

3) Did you steal this car? j/k its odd that you don't even know what options the car you 'bought' has. Check the rigth side facing your steering wheel. You will notice the wheel button to change the volume for your stereo. To the left of that button, you should see a 'talk' button. If you dont' have this button you don't have Bluetooth. Correct me if I'm wrong on this guys!

4) I believe voice commands are only offered with bluetooth and/or the nav package. I dont have the nav so I can't comment on that but for the bluetooth, you can dial, setup of your phonebook etc using voice commands.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:05 PM
1st Gear

Good day DZATA,

No, I didn't steal the car, I used a broker :-)

My car does have NAV but the documents my broker gave me did not list Bluetooth. He THINKS it has Bluetooth but I am not so sure as my car was built in August '05. When I first looked at A3's back then, I do not recall seeing Bluetooth as an option.

Cheers,

Earl Webster

Old 08-02-2007, 04:12 PM
1st Gear

ic, didn't know you could use a broker for buying cars. I guess you could find a broker for anything for the right price. just out of curiousity, how much was the broker's markup?

dont quote me on this. but if I'm not mistaken, the bluetooth option is available for model year 2006 and up. If your car is a '05 it does not have bluetooth.

http://www.bluetooth.com/Bluetooth/C...ProductID=2120

Old 08-02-2007, 04:27 PM
1st Gear

Good day DZATA,

The broker fee was $875. I paid just a little bit more than wholesale, plus his fee.

Thanks for link on Bluetooth. Do you or anyone know if the Tech Package was available when the A3's hit the US shores in 2005? I ask because I thought the A3's arrived at a 2006 model back then.

I do have all the other options the 2007 Tech Package includes, the xenons, etc...

Regards,

Earl Webster
(I need to set up my signature...)

Old 10-30-2007, 06:00 PM

I just got my 08 A3 with Nav/iPod. I was looking for a very specific car and the only option that came up short was Bluetooth. (search me why any sales manager would order a car with Nav and iPod and NOT add a $435 bluetooth option).

In reading these threads on bluetooth, i do have the 'voice' button on the wheel but i can't decipher what needs to be added aftermarket to enable bluetooth so I can pair my phone and use it through the car audio.

Do i just need to purchase the SW100 from Parrot? or both the CK3000 and the SW100
Are there other OEM options out there? I'd like to stay below the $500 range.

Thanks for any guidance.
Cheers,

'08 A3 2.0T
Nav w/iPod
S-Line
Titanium
Xenon

Old 10-31-2007, 03:41 AM
2nd Gear

This thread - http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=2717253 - addresses adding OEM Bluetooth to the Nav unit. Includes parts needed and a source for the parts. If you want to go with Parrot, there is a thread here in the A3 section where a Parrot employee lists the parts needed and installation process for their kit (use the search). He seemed to be helpful as far as answering specific questions too.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:52 AM
1st Gear

Even the cars without bluetooth have the button on the steering wheel