Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Neuspeed intake question

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 03:58 AM
1st Gear
Default Neuspeed intake question

hello guys! i'm just about to purchasethe p-flowintake, but just havinga thought holding me back from buying it. As far as i know, this intakeis considerably loud at the whole range of rpm. I do a lot of freeway driving, and the rpm is usually a little bit higher than 3k. So is the intake noise gonna be really loud? cus i get really annoyed by constant noises when driving.

also that i've been trying to figure out how to turn the dual ac mode on and off. sometimes when iadjust the temperature usingthe left wheel, both leftand right temeratures change.but sometimes,only the left changes. So, how do i use this dual ac feature?

Old 11-24-2007, 08:09 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Neuspeed intake question

As far as the intake ive seen the NEUSPEED on several 07 GTIs and 1 A3 so far and yes ur right is loud and nasty sound ...very nice ...... but i read best overall results with the CARBONIO INTAKE...neuspeen gets very hot....i took the CAI and is a great combo with the APR ECU stage 1 upgrade....is a great sound...... great performace and i wanted to keep my OEM engine cover for more clean lookin dealer apperance since i go for service there ....and u can get it on sale in a few online stores...... cos regular is 300+ $$......on sale under the $ 300 range.....

Old 11-24-2007, 10:55 AM

Not necessarily accurate. You'll hear the air being sucked in and the sound of the DV with a CAI, but it is just under heavy on/off throttle. There will be no noticeable sound on the highway. You're thinking of an aftermarket exhaust that might drone, or be much louder on the highway. No worries with just the CAI.

If you hold the "AUTO" switch on the A/C for a few seconds, it will switch both temperatures switches to work from the driver's side. If you adjust the temperature from the passenger side, then it is independent again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Old 11-24-2007, 12:48 PM
1st Gear

Right u are again chef. The p flow is only noisey on throtle and its a clean soft sound of sir through a pipe then the blow off. Its not constant at all on the freeway. When I first heard it I fell in love with the sound and I'm sure you will too. You won't find it annoying. Also, I haven't heard other intakes but I assume its the same with others. The best is hearing your turbo whistle. Let is know what u think.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:00 PM
2nd Gear

Just a heads up, North American Motorsports has the Neuspeed intake on sale for $199 until January 15th.

Link: http://www.namotorsports.net/detail....NS65.10.97Heat

Old 11-24-2007, 04:24 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the responses guys. ottoaudi mentioned that neuspeed intake gets really hot. Is that gonna be a problem for the car?? cus i read the two links from the noob section, and it seems that ppl tend to choose evom and neuspeed over the carbonio... yea and i'd definitely like to hear the turbo working, so neuspeed and evom should be good choices. but wuts the difference b/w them tho? metal vs non-metal? hot vs not-so-hot? my first choice is neuspeed p-flow now. chef suggested that it wont be a big differenceb/w the originalp-flow andcai version. so i might as well just go with the p-flow now. Looking forward to hear my sweet little turbo screams!! let me know wut you guys think!

btw... where do you go for services and maintenances chef?i bought mine from mission viejo. probably gonna bring it back there for the first free maintenance. but not sure where to go after that

Old 11-24-2007, 09:59 PM
1st Gear

As said before..... my buddies uses the neuspeed on a GTI and is a very cool sound and performance too ......with such Cold Air Intk products out there .... is very difficult to choose....i was tending for neuspeed for weeks....and somehow ......dont ask Y......i just went the other way.......but ive seen the use of some sort of insulating wrap around for the neuspeed to keep in low im guessing..... as you said STEVEN7677 .....you will soon hear that nice TURBO SCREAM no matter what way you go......