Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

New to the A3

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Yim
Default New to the A3

Hello all,

Looking to buy the A3; 2.0, auto, premium package, open sky, cold weather;for the wife. MSRP is $30,990. Anyone having an idea on what price I should be shooting for? I am new to Audis, been driving Bimmers for 20 years.

thanks for the help,

Old 02-27-2007, 04:56 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New to the A3

Hey man, I've been in the process of researching an A3 purchase as well. The best resources possible are "www.Edmunds.com". and "www.kbb.com". Both will allow you to price the A3 with all the trims/options you want, and get an invoice price (what dealer pays), an MSRP (negotiation starting point), and a regionally adjusted average for what people are paying for them-- the "True Market Value" (the average deal). From there, you have all the tools you need to know exactly what you should be paying... There are also tons of other guides on that site to help you with a multitude of car buying issues...

Old 02-27-2007, 06:15 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New to the A3

ORIGINAL: Yim

Hello all,

Looking to buy the A3; 2.0, auto, premium package, open sky, cold weather;for the wife. MSRP is $30,990. Anyone having an idea on what price I should be shooting for? I am new to Audis, been driving Bimmers for 20 years.

thanks for the help,
Some areas you get great deal close to invoice, other areas the dealer won't go lower then about $1200 above invoice (TSM average). Deals will get better towards summer when 2008's are about to arrive.

You might consider the technology package also, driving with adaptive xenon's makes night driving a pleasure. The car is a awesome combination of performance (6.7 sec's @100km/h) mixed with good MPGs (25/32 2.0T w/DSG). Love the interior. BTW you can also opt for the Audi Symphony AM/FM stereo with in-dash 6-disc CD changer for $350, looks a lot better then stock radio and the reception is better.