Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

new to forum,best chip for a3 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Default new to forum,best chip for a3 2.0

I just got my a3 2.0 t ,and i was wondering the best company to buy a chip from that will not void warranty or damage engine.please help if you can! Also i live in san diego. Thanks,Brett

Old 05-23-2006, 05:30 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: new to forum,best chip for a3 2.0

AWWW SHIAT!!!!!!!! WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!

i'm an A3 San Diegan also!!!!!! where you at?

as for the chip, there's EFI performance on Miramar Rd, he's a certified APR dealer, i got it chipped there for 600 bucks and got a few extra things adding up to 800 bucks. go to www.goapr.com and you'll find out, there's a link to EFI's webpage too. the apr chip has a program so the dealer won't find out about the chip, check it out. althought i suggest you get your first 5,000 miles on your A3 first before you chip it.

a few of us A3 owners are planning to have a gtg in June, don't know exactly when or where yet, but you're definately invited.

Again, welcome, it's good to have an A3 brother in San Diego!!!!!

Old 05-23-2006, 09:13 AM
1st Gear

EFI do some good chips or HKS would be a good thought aswell

Old 05-23-2006, 03:53 PM
SoCal Crew Member

RX

you're in SD also? what audi do you drive?

Old 05-23-2006, 04:27 PM

I'm actually in north county ,oceanside! Thanks for all you help,I will forsure try EFI performance! Thanks for the the invite,keep me informed.how much HP did the chip add,and what other extras did you get?Does a chip put more wear on the engine?
Thanks Alot,Brett

Old 05-23-2006, 04:58 PM
SoCal Crew Member

i haven't dyno'd my car yet, but from other A3 member's dynos, they added 35-40 horses, and about 70 lbs of torgue, you can REALLY feel the difference after the chip. i got the 91 octane program, plus the stock program (you need it in order to avoid the loss of your warranty), and i got the lock-out code program so no one can mess with my switch buttons, as for your tires, if you have a heavy foot, you're definately gonna wear out your tire soon. it all depends on your driving habbits, what model options did you get? sport? prem? sky? rims? color? leather? post a pix when you can, i'd like to see it.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:02 PM

I have only a REVO chip as a mod now, with a CAT-back exhaust coming soon. The added HP & TQ is absolutely amazing with this engine. I can't floor it fully in the first 3 gears with out the ESP kicking in constantly to slow tire spin. It'll make you want to get wider tires and bigger brakes immediately. But we still seek more, it's a horrible addiction.

Beware that any mods to your car will void the warranty and possibly shorten the life of the engine and engine components. Don't do any of this if your not comfortable with that. Very Important!

Cheers!

Chef

Old 05-24-2006, 06:15 AM
SoCal Crew Member

hey chef

my ESP lights light up when i floor it ONLY on first gear, but i see no powerloss, i feel it spinning though, but ESP doesn't kick it in like it did before the chip, as for 2nd and 3rd years, i have full traction, huh, weird. maybe i i just weight more than you do. haa

Old 05-24-2006, 07:42 AM
1st Gear

i dnt currently am waiting on an RS6 Avant tho

getting it soon Yay!!

Old 05-24-2006, 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Audinam

hey chef

my ESP lights light up when i floor it ONLY on first gear, but i see no powerloss, i feel it spinning though, but ESP doesn't kick it in like it did before the chip, as for 2nd and 3rd years, i have full traction, huh, weird. maybe i i just weight more than you do. haa
I'm sure that our weight difference are mostly insignificant. I had another person in my car today and it slipped all the way through 1rst and 2nd, although I did get full traction in 3rd. I think that it's the chip and demands on the engine. I guess that from the difference, I might be replacing my turbo first? Hummmm. I wonder if I could get it to blow just before the 50k mile mark? My luck would have it blow at 51k with Audi laughing in my face.

You have the sport suspension too with the Pirelli PZero Rossos, correct?

Chef

Quick Reply: new to forum,best chip for a3 2.0