Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

No Ipod hookup for Audi Navigation system?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 08:32 PM
1st Gear
Default No Ipod hookup for Audi Navigation system?

So i went to the Audi dealer to get my Ipod cable for my car. The guy told me that I can't use it with the navigation system. I have the six disc CD changer in the glove box but all it does is take up space. I NEVER use the damn thing. Is there some way to take that out and hook the ipod up?

If there IS a way...can i control it with my steering wheel?

I'm sure there's probably a post about how to do this already but i'm a newb

Old 02-16-2007, 11:14 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: No Ipod hookup for Audi Navigation system?

I have the nav set up as well, there is a good way to hook right into the connector for the CD changer, check out Enfig....

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...audi_iopd.html

There are a number of options, the guy at Enfig was very helpful in helping me make the right choice. I have it so I control through the ipod, personally I like the ipod interface the best, although you need to pause it when you get out of the car, the volume is still controlled through the steering wheel. The cable I got was only $69.00, you will need the special tools to pull out the 6 CD changer which you can buy on the site I believe. Basically it is just a plug in and you can run the wire out from the back of the glove box and around. I'll post some pics on how I did it if you are interested....good luck!

Old 02-16-2007, 03:36 PM
1st Gear

For a little more money, you can buy the DICE iPod adapter (http://www.diceelectronics.com/ipod_integration.htm) which allows you to control the iPod either through the steering wheel or directly on the iPod, plus it pauses when you leave the car, charges the iPod and also has some useful controls (e.g. changing the "virtual CD" to CD 2 allows the Prev/Next to change the playslist.) You can have it either take over your CD Changer, or the Sat radio. I've been very happy with this product. The only shortcoming is that, even though the DICE product supports showing track artist/title through CD-TEXT, the NAV+ unit will not show this information, so you only see CD/Track #.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

Cool, thanks guys. I'll probably be hooking up my ipod this weekend!