Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

OMG!!! ECU chipping rocks

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 12:51 AM
1st Gear
Default OMG!!! ECU chipping rocks

So I went over to Houston today to get my trial version of the Revo code installed on my ECU...... all I can say is OMG I had a full car with 4 people and I was still getting the wheels spinning in 2nd gear. This $h1t rocks... I'm definitely going back to get the retail version and Select Plus device. Well worth the money I think...

So... how do I stop the wheels spinning so much? Besides the obvious of not accelerating so hard and so much Is there mods to help reduce wheel spin?

Another question is what engine oils do people recommend, the Revo guy said something about Motul, anyone had experience with this or others?

Old 11-20-2006, 12:59 AM
Default RE: OMG!!! ECU chipping rocks

Welcome to my world!

I have incredible wheel spin too and I plan on getting the GY Eagle F! tires in 235/45-17 and the stiffer transmission mounts and short shift kit. Currently I also have the K&N CAI. The problem is too much wheel spin in 1rst and 2nd, but the pull in the remaining 4 gears is exceptional. Definitely worth the trade off in my opinion.

Congrats on the most significant upgrade. I have the SPS device and it works well. I just switched to stock when I took my car to the dealer on Wednesday and it really sucked. Just wait until you run the 93 program and get additional mods.

Cheers!

Old 11-20-2006, 02:27 AM
2nd Gear

Be sure to try APR. People who had it in the vwvortex forums reccommend since its programmed specifically for DSG.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:02 AM

Okay Richard,

When I get my exhaust and the remaining mods, you and I need to do a little experiment. I'm sure that we will be much closer than some might expect. Let's put to rest the DSG v. MT theory. I need my short shift kit and transmission mount first. Let's even up the playing field.

Cheers!

Old 11-20-2006, 04:18 AM
2nd Gear

didn't mean to talk down on the Revo folks. All I was trying to say is that APR has a tuning file specifcally for DSG while REVO only has a "one size fits all" file for both transmissions. People who went from REVO to APR notcied smoother shifts and stuff in D/S/TIP.

If you want a race then I'm game. My only request is a rolling start at 15mph

Mind you please remember what happend to the late mr. evoic.

Vid1
Vid2

Old 11-20-2006, 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: A3Night

didn't mean to talk down on the Revo folks. All I was trying to say is that APR has a tuning file specifcally for DSG while REVO only has a "one size fits all" file for both transmissions. People who went from REVO to APR notcied smoother shifts and stuff in D/S/TIP.

If you want a race then I'm game. My only request is a rolling start at 15mph

Mind you please remember what happend to the late mr. evoic.

Vid1
Vid2

Rolling start??? What's up with that? BTW, I also can take EVO with my current set-up while he is running 100 octane, so those videos don't scare me. I'm just interested in a good race with someone that has a very close set-up to mine. I also want to test the short shift and stiffer mounts to see if I can get through the gears quicker and make it a closer challenge against the DSG. With some bigger and stickier tires I might just be able to use full throttle off the bat and get the jump on you I need to win.

It's all for fun and I never take anything said to heart, so no worries.

Cheers!

Old 11-20-2006, 02:40 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: A3Night

Be sure to try APR. People who had it in the vwvortex forums reccommend since its programmed specifically for DSG.
So the Revo dude said that after getting the Revo trail code on my ECU its not a good idea to go to say APR and get their code put on, as it can cause problems. Is this true or just some marketing/salesperson jibba jabba to get me to stick with Revo?

Old 11-20-2006, 04:21 PM
2nd Gear

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2874439

There's the thread about REVO vs APR on DSG applications. Should answer any and all your questions

Old 11-20-2006, 10:13 PM
1st Gear

Hrmm, interesting post that is.... brings up some valid points about Revo which I have noticed... but not having APR, I can't compare... maybe I should look into getting an APR trail (if they have it)

Old 11-21-2006, 07:21 PM
SoCal Crew Member

does a short shift kit really shorten the shifting time? and how much would it be?........ hee hee.

Chef........ when are you gonna get your cat?

Quick Reply: OMG!!! ECU chipping rocks