Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

for people who have the REVO chip..

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 01:18 PM
1st Gear
Default for people who have the REVO chip..

Well sometimes I get a lagg in between a gear like im in first then theres lagg going into second but it picks it up. Anyways kinda hard to explain the problem but I was wondering if anyone else with the chip has had this happen to them. The guy I got chipped from said it was normal because the cars not used to all the new power.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:36 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: for people who have the REVO chip..

My understanding is that the shift points are not changed with the software, just the power band. I also know it takes a few days for the car to auto-adjust to the new settings.

But, that's pretty much the entire scope of my knowledge, and I only have experience with the 3.2. Downshifts, I have found with my car, are a little jerkier now than before with crawling or stop-and-go low speed traffic...especially 2nd to 1st...but tolerable.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:20 AM

I have the 2.0T REVO flash and there is a difference from the stock. It seems they backed off the full power until around 2300 rpms, so it lags a little different than the OEM set-up. They just want to prevent overboost and protect the engine, but it can take a little getting used to. My driving habits changed some with the chip, but overall it is totally worth it. Like others have said, the ECU goes through adaption over the first few days, so you should see an improvement with a little time.

Cheers!

Old 05-24-2008, 07:50 PM
1st Gear

I've had mine for about 4 months. I get it at different gears. Is this something that needs to get adjusted or is it a normal thing. Off the subject.... how do you know when the DV is starting to go bad???? Can that give the same signs? Thx.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:38 AM
1st Gear

Its normal from what im told PRICAN but just a little weird and thought id see if others expierenced it. The weird gear thing isnt a sign of a bad DV and I was just told the other day what to look for but i cant remember[:@]

Old 05-25-2008, 09:45 AM

The easiest way to tell if the DV is bad is by your boost gauge. I would HIGHLY recommend installing a boost gauge before you do any performance mods, since it is critical in identifying problems. After installing the gauge, get comfortable with the peak and sustained boost pressure in different gears at WOT and you can easily identify a problem when it won't register that level anymore. I had a small vacuum line leak the other day and the boost gauge helped me identify the problem right away. It's worth the investment.

Cheers!

Old 05-25-2008, 05:44 PM
1st Gear

Thx Chef.. any particular boost gauges better than others?