Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Pioneer Avic D3 in a 2008 A3

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 11:57 AM
1st Gear
Default Pioneer Avic D3 in a 2008 A3

Anybody put a Pioneer Avic D2 in a 2008 A3?
Any how-to guides out there? what parts will I need?

Also, has anybody gotten it to work with the steering wheel controls? what parts are needed for that?

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:41 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Pioneer Avic D3 in a 2008 A3

I heard it's a bad Idea,
you cant use the stock amps is what I was told, so I didnt' get one.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:49 PM
1st Gear

I was under the impression that other people had put a D3 in their A3's. Is it only the 2008 that has problems? Is it the premium stereo that is an issue? what about the base stereo is that one ok?

Old 03-09-2008, 11:31 AM

I just got this unit installed in my Volvo S80. I did a lot of research, talked to the guys at Best Buy and Circuit City. Then I talked to Volvo. They pleaded with me not to take the car to those guys becuase this car like other high end imports (BMW, Mercedes, Audi) use shared circutry. The wires from the radio that go back to the speakers are shared by brake lights, trunk releases, and/or other components not related to the radio or speakers. Volvo's opinion was echoed in the nervous, not so confident conversations I had with the guys from the Chain stores.

Volvo was able to recommend a real pro who normally just does Wholesale. He did the job and everything is perfect,navigation, satellite radio, satellite traffic, bluetooth and wire to ipod. Its a great unit and good value. BUT make sure you have the right guy to do your job. Ifyoucan't find someone really great, I wouldn't do it. You will obviously also need a double-din opening which to me doesn't look like it will work in the A3 inlight of the other functions on the dash that take up that space. There are single-din nav systems that pop out and upautomatically, butI don't know what kind of features they support or how good they are.