Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Pre/post Facelift?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 01:32 AM
1st Gear
Default Pre/post Facelift?

Hi All,

I'm a new audi owner and have a 2000 A3 8L. Ive often heard the terms pre and post facelift. I'd like to replace the headlamps because of 2 reasons. One being that my passenger side unit is cracked and needs replacing anyways and two, the old ones look awful and have poor light quality.

But I'm having difficulty knowing which sets to replace it with. How do I know if i have a pre or post facelift model? Ive been doing some research on lights and the question most people ask is if the car in question is pre or post facelift. My car looks to have a roll off line date of Aug 2000 and the VIN tag begins with WAU.... I wonder if that helps anyone? It looks completely stock to me.

Also, just curious if anyone with knowledge on the subject knows if these'll fit mine? Ebay

I don't have a garage to work out of so I would need to be able to do the job in a day in my parking lot If these are post facelift units (from a 2 piece setup to a 1 piece, I understand that there'll be very minor bodywork to the car but I can manage that. My major concern is the electrical because I'm not too familiar with that. Will I get any dash errors associated with plugging in the new lights from the old? I'd like to eventually end up with some HID lights.

Many thanks!