Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Problem with RNS-E Nav Plus, now electronics do not work properly

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 01:34 PM
1st Gear
Smile Problem with RNS-E Nav Plus, now electronics do not work properly

Hi guys,
i am new to this forum so please bare with me. My car is an Audi A3 2.0 Fsi 2004 reg.
I have the navigation plus system with the bluetooth kit connected. Today i recieved a call and my RNS-E seemed to get stuck after the call had finished and did not go back to normal. I removed the key from the ignition and turned the system off for 2 hours and when i turned it back on it was exactly the same. I have reset the Sat Nav and the issue still occurred. I browsed forums and did not find an answer.
Does anyone know a fix for this????

At the time my NAV was staying on and i realised i would have a dead battery very soon if i did not find a solution. I decided to unplug the battery which solved my issue.
Now the problem i have is that before i disconnected the battery the windows used to go up and down by the fob and the car used to automatically lock when the key was removed from the ignition after 30 seconds. Can anyone help me set these features back up again without any fancy software or leads???

HELP!!!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
1st Gear

If you solved your NAV issue, the only way to solve your other locking problem is to go to the Dealers, because the car has to be connected to a computer, to reprogram your settings because they got lost when the battery was unplugged ..