Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Radio Oddity

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:09 AM
1st Gear
Default Radio Oddity

Ok, this was an odd thing I noticed this weekend with my stereo.

So here's the setup:
My head unit - Pic has nothing to do with this issue, but rather to show my head unit model.
Preset #3 105.5 FM
Preset #4 105.9 FM

Treble: set high
Midd: set high
Bass: set high
Ballance/Fader: set to default middle

These are some stations in the Denver area and there are not stations between them. I am on preset #3 and I click my left steering wheel roller which in my experience goes to the next available station, *not* the next preset. Well, since the next available station *is* my next preset it jumps to it and it highlights my preset on the head unit.

The odd thing though is that all of a sudden the station is considerably louder, more bass and all of the EQ settings just seem to be amplified. But if I push the preset #4 button (the same station it jumped to) on the head unit the volume and EQ seems to go back to normal.

Anyone else experienced this or know what might be going on?

Old 07-24-2008, 04:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Radio Oddity

I have experienced the same exact problem. When you manually tune into a station it is much louder and clearer than the presets, even if it's the same exact station.

What I've been doing it using my preset button, then turning the manual tune **** two clicks in a direction then two clicks back to get the proper sound out of my unit.

If you come across a solution, please let me know.

Thanks!
Brian

Old 09-24-2008, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by kstrike155
I have experienced the same exact problem. When you manually tune into a station it is much louder and clearer than the presets, even if it's the same exact station.

What I've been doing it using my preset button, then turning the manual tune **** two clicks in a direction then two clicks back to get the proper sound out of my unit.

If you come across a solution, please let me know.

Thanks!
Brian
I'm having this exact same problem as well...anyone have any ideas?