Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

RNS-E and Parrot Bluethoot

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Default RNS-E and Parrot Bluethoot

Hi to all,

i have tried to install a Parrot CK 3200 Color Bluethoot kit on my Audi A3 RNS-E Navigation System.
As explained in some forums, i have connected the following PINs of the RNS-E:

- TEL NF + (on the Parrot ISO + wire)
- TEL NF - (on the Parrot ISO - wire)
- TEL MUTE (on the Parrot Mute - yellow wire)

The parrot is powered, and when i get a call, the mute funktion does not work and i can hear no audio.

I have measured the output of the mute pin of the RNS-E and i get a voltage of 4,5 Volts. I have also tried to connect the mute pin of the RNS-E on Ground to bring it to 0 Volts, but nothing to do...

Do anyone know how the mute funktion of the parrot works? When i get a call on the parrot, the yellow mute wire, outputs only 0.04 Volts... is this normal?

I have read many posts on many forums, but nobody has a final and good explained solution to install a Parrot on a RNS-E Navigation System...

Can anyone help me and give me some tips?

Many many thanks!!!!!!!
hackmet

Old 10-09-2006, 02:03 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: RNS-E and Parrot Bluethoot

On my last car, an '05 RX8, I connected a Parrot using the QuBit Hi-Fi mute system and Parrot adapter from http://qubit.dk/. It was straight plug and play and when I sold the car for my A3, it was easy to unplug and take the Parrot out. My A3 has bluetooth, so I'm putting it in another car and I'll probably get another QuBit for that car. Their US distributor is www.proclipusa.com, but it might first help to email QuBit to make sure you get the correct product numbers. At least that's what I did because there's only one person at ProClip that knows anything about the QuBit ordering and it made things much easier when I told them what to order for me.