Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

screw Audi and their A3

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 04:27 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: screw Audi and their A3

I look around Carmax for used Audi A3s and several times I have seen 2006 models with open sky, automatic and cloth seats. These tend to go for a pretty good price. I suspect they may be made as 'fleet' models for dealer loaners. There is one on CarMax right now:

http://www2.carmax.com/enUS/view-car...0-70245c5d4165

Hope that link works. Anyway, this car has 'mutliple sunroofs, DSG and grey cloth seats.

Since I live in the South, I have wonder if the grey cloth would be better than dark leather in a black car with a sunroof.

Still, I agree that an Audi ought to have leather.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:15 PM
1st Gear

Judging by the four-spoke steering wheel with no controls on it, that car linked in Carmax appears to be a "base" (not Premium or Sport) version of an A3, with stand-alone options of Open Sky and DSG, although it does have a roof spoiler and upgrade wheels - an interesting combination, for sure.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:30 AM
1st Gear
Default Easy solution for hot cars in summertime...

My A3 3.2 S-Line doesn't have a sunroof by my request.
It has wonderful leather seats. On hot days all one has to do is start the car two minutes before driving and run the A/C on high.
Why someone would want to enter an oven-hot car (regardless of seat material) without pre-cooling it is beyond me.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:46 PM

Get the leather seats - I'll trade ya.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:48 PM
1st Gear

First day as a member, but and audi and v dub owner for over 15 yrs. Take the plunge...... I wasnt a real fan of leather either until i got it. And damn does that cow look good when there' a skirt sitting in your drivers seat.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:39 AM

I ordered a base A3 in 2006, mostly for the cloth seats, and I like the base wheels much better. About the only options you could get on the "base" where DSG (which I got) and open sky, which I didn't want. I would have ordered some other things if Audi whould have made it possible. I guess Audi is willing to have us support the aftermarket suppliers. The "base" cars you see with DSG and open sky are "loaded" cars for the few of us that are tired of arriving at our destination with wet shirt backs and burned butts in hot, humid places like South Florida.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by duc_748
Why would you want cloth seats in a Audi(or any car for that matter).....[sm=WTFsgign.gif]
Way? because leather from my opinion suks as confort for you as a driver.

1. Sit in leather when it's hot outside , you will fry your legs my friend.
2. Drive with short pants, you will get wet for shure

Leather is for people that want style and elegance but the leather it's not practicle.
I have my A3 1.6 FSI with cloth sits and it's so cool if you have seet heeting in te winter time cause during the summer time you are covered .

Old 03-07-2009, 07:22 AM
L7
1st Gear

Get a tint job done on the windows and opensky - make sure the opensky is done in "limo dark" and you will notice a temperature difference. Plus, you can still see the sky but are not roasted when it is sunny out. The wife actually thought it was a good idea getting a tint job. As for leather - if you have kids, it is easier to clean. The last vehicle we had that had cloth seats went out right after the first kid was born. Cleaning up any sort of dairy based "mess" on cloth seats sucks. I have not seen any manufacturers offering vinyl seats lately - we are sticking with the leather for the time being. I seriously considered the cloth for the A3 - but wanted the power seats. Then I remembered the issues with cleaning up the "messes" on cloth seats. Just my 1.25 cents (after taxes).

Old 03-17-2009, 10:45 AM
1st Gear

The sport package on my Audi came bundled with black leather interior. I was fine with that even though I'd much rather have cloth seats. (I'm from Europe - most cars are sold there without leather). What really shocked me was when I accidently cut the bottom seat of the so called leather driver seat and discovered fabric on the back side of the leather surface. Seems to me, the car has fake leather (leatherette) and not the real leather I thought I was paying a premium for. Also, with leather seats, seat warmers are pretty much a must have, which brings the price up even higher. Here in Chicago, temperatures can dip below -20C.

'06 Audi A3 2.0T

Old 03-18-2009, 03:32 PM

Dudessss in Europe when you go to buy a car you can put whatever you want on it it's no need get it as a package.
Here in Europe the A3s come without leather which is smart, In the winter time you can heat them relly quick with your *** and also the seatheisung will help.

Tey use leather car in the USA because all your cars have leather, so you guys like leather on seets which is wierd, I hate leather for example and I so that youhav leather even on Comercial vans like Ford F250, it's super wierd.... way would you waste leather on a car that it will end up a junk because it's made for commercial use so no confort neded...

US pople like leather they think i's cool to have it luxurios

Quick Reply: screw Audi and their A3