Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

screw Audi and their A3

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:49 PM
1st Gear

I also think you should talk to your local dealer and work things out.

I have cloth seats and the fabric is great, is better than other non-premium leather seats...

Here in my country we have 7 different base A3s each with its own set of options.

cheers!

Old 03-21-2009, 10:03 AM
L7
1st Gear

"US pople like leather they think i's cool to have it luxurios"
No dude - sorry, I'm not sure where y'all are getting that opinion about "US people". But, we don't think it's cool to have it luxurious, we want it to be luxurious. It's a choice for some of us whether we want leather or not. The whole thing about this post, as was started in the beginning - please start there. Is the fact that Audi does not give us US people much of a choice. Yes, be it a choice in whether to have leather or not, since they do not give us the same options choices as in y'all across the pond. Which is somewhat understandable because of the extreme logistics involved in a car's journey from Germany to our shores. I myself have leather mainly because I wanted the power seats - though the wife prefers leather because of the practicality of cleaning it.
And yes, there are others who want it for the "luxury". But, overall - this thread was about choice - not whether leather is cool or practical or what us Americans prefer. In fact, we also prefer lots and lots of horsepower because we have a lot of open roads. But then again that's choice. If anything we just want choice or freedom of choice.
Sorry for the dissertation - just wanted to set the record straight, at least in my view of us "US people". Just my 1.5 cents (after taxes) .