Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

STaSIS kits and parts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 01:02 AM
1st Gear
Default STaSIS kits and parts?

Hey everyone,

i have been looking at the kits and parts that STaSIS offer for our audi's, it seems impressive also the fact that audi dealerships will do this work and cover it under warranty is interesting, i was just wondering if anyone had any experience with it and how do they like it? i am looking for something that isn't too crazy but i wouldn't mind some more power out of my stock 2.0t a3
also if you have had it done and your in the toronto area (canada) plz send me a message so i can get your take on it.
http://www.stasisengineering.com/sigSeries_a3.php

Thanks

Old 12-05-2008, 10:35 PM
1st Gear

Unfortunately not ALL Audi dealers will do Stasis kits, you have be a Stasis partner.

http://www.stasisengineering.com/map.aspx

Looks like Bedford Ohio is the closest one.

That said, they do a very nice job, balancing power handling and braking. I wouldn't go with 19s, though, looks great, but the ride suffers too much.

If you want something better, there are other options - the Stasis supension kit are a preset Koni C/O kit, and there are a couple things Stasis doesn't do that are very important, like the dogbone bushing to prevent wheel hop.

Revo can give almost 260HP with their ECU flash. GIAC is good as well.

For sure, the dogbone, shocks, Hi-Perf brake pads and lines are the most important upgrades before you add power. Whether you lower the car or not is up to you and your roads.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:15 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by panzrwagn
Unfortunately not ALL Audi dealers will do Stasis kits, you have be a Stasis partner.

http://www.stasisengineering.com/map.aspx

Looks like Bedford Ohio is the closest one.

That said, they do a very nice job, balancing power handling and braking. I wouldn't go with 19s, though, looks great, but the ride suffers too much.

If you want something better, there are other options - the Stasis supension kit are a preset Koni C/O kit, and there are a couple things Stasis doesn't do that are very important, like the dogbone bushing to prevent wheel hop.

Revo can give almost 260HP with their ECU flash. GIAC is good as well.

For sure, the dogbone, shocks, Hi-Perf brake pads and lines are the most important upgrades before you add power. Whether you lower the car or not is up to you and your roads.

Hey thanks for the response, you seem to have allot of knowledge thank you for the comments. I think that there is a dealership in toronto that supports stasis according to there map, and also a tuning shop as well north of toronto. the reason i wanted to go with stasis was the fact that it seems the mods don't effect audi's warranty and other mods like revo can void them from what i hear. i think i want to start with an new air filter system and exhaust (most likely the stasis one because i like the sounds of it). Also i looked into that dogbone mount system and it does seem to be a great mod for the price especially.

Thanks for the info i will be looking at my choices and i think i will start small with some mods and work my way up.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:06 AM
1st Gear

I would start with the handling and braking first. The dogbone and a Neuspeed rear sway bar will utterly transform the car. Or, you can get a set of 20MM RSB bushings from Summit Autopart for $11 and get about 50% of what the RSB does. For $`100 you can get the Dogbone, the RSB bushings and a K&N Air filter (good for 1 MPG on my trip computer FWIW), and it's all doable in a shop for maybe an hour to 90 minutes labor, or a good afternoon if you do it yourself. (you will need a set of internal metric sockets to do the bushings; a torque wrench and a 21MM socket for the dogbone. Not to mention a floor jack and floor stands)

I personally like the K&N CAI kit, because they post the dyno pulls to prove their claims of 18HP and it's relatively inexpensive for a custom-fiited kit. Likely they all work fairly well. But all of them will be noisy - and 'honk' under heavy throttle.

As for exhausts, AWE has the best documented exhaust performance and it sounds great IMHO, but again, under acceleration theey all will be loud in the cabin, and combined with the CAI, it may be a bit much for a daily driver. I know my e36 BMW with CAI and a Catback was great on track, but got tiring on a daily commute of about 20 miles.