Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Strange electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Default Strange electrical problem

I have now had an on going problem with my Audi A3, when i leave it for over 24 hours the battery goes flat. I now think i have found the problem and want to know if anybody else has experianced the problem i am having. I removed the fuse for the interior lights and central locking and after doing so all the lights stayed on and the central locking still worked.

It would be much appreciated if someone could shed a bit of light on my problems.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:09 PM
L7
1st Gear
Default RE: Strange electrical problem

Adam17;
WHAT!!! You leave our A3 alone that long! Wow. Being apart from my baby for 24 hours - seems like such a burden. Nope, can't say I have ever encountered that problem.
Seriously now, what year is your A3 - and I do travel for periods up to four days and have never had any problems with her starting right up after getting back home. If she is still under warranty y'all may want to head on back to the dealership and have them check her out.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:42 PM

The cars a 2001 1.6 sport. Its a real strange problem that i have with it, i have had my car in the garageon numerous occasions andhave had no real possitive news oneachvisit! I thinkthe problem deffinetly has something to do with the central locking though and interiour lights though, I justdont know where to go from here. I might look at dissconnecting lights and micro switches individualy next and see if i can pinpoint one of these items to be the source of the problem.

As i saidearlier, i just want to know if anybody has experianced these problems themselves or could possibly be an electrical genius and save me the hastle of having to jump start my car from a booster pack everymorning!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 05:37 PM

i was just wondering if you had jad an resolution to your electrical problems.
I have an A3 2.0 tdi 2003 and recently have been having a recurrent draining battery and i cannot find out why. I have taken the car to an auto electrician and he has struggled to find the cause. he has established that the resting amps from the battery is 0.8 which he felt was a bit high when apparently it should be under 0.4 but hasnt been able to find what it is causing it.
would you be able to help?
Im really starting to get frustrated with it, Audi grage could not find anything wrong with it either using their diagnostic computers!!!!!