General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

B6 strange electrical problems?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 11:22 PM
Default B6 strange electrical problems?

Hey new to the site. I tried to search for a similar problem but couldn't find any solutions so your help would be much appreciated.

During the winter when it was really cold my car would not start. There was some drain on the battery that my mechanic could not isolate. The engine fan would turn on and stay running after i parked or I would go outside and see the headlights on... Maybe it is possessed I don't know so i got a portable charger then all of a sudden the car worked fine.

No problems for months until now. I had to replace the fuel filter a few weeks ago, that took care of my car buzzing. But now my car wont start up again.

I don't think it is the battery since I tried multiple times to jump it and the cd player, windows, ac all work and lights don't dim (it does crank i think is the right word)

I checked the fuses inside the car and they were all fine. The car just wont turn over but everything else seems fine.

Could it be related to the problems I had during the winter? Any suggestions? thanks

Old 05-24-2010, 11:49 PM

oh and I don't know if this helps but the last time my car was running (yesterday during the afternoon) I noticed that the brake pedal felt different when starting up (more resistance) but drove normal. I tried to reset the ecu still nothing... Everything works but the car just doesn't want to turn over

#2. had my friend at the rear right side of my car to see if he could hear the fuel pump turn on and he said he heard nothing as I was trying to start my car but when i returned it back to the auxiliary position he heard it. So does that mean fuel pump went out? What exactly should I hear? Like i said earlier I had the fuel filter replaced but that was after a few weeks of it buzzing. Thanks

Last edited by briankf; 05-25-2010 at 12:46 AM.