Trouble with Service Light (spanner) - AudiForums.com

Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:22 AM
1st Gear

Exclamation Trouble with Service Light (spanner)

Hi Everyone

I'm new here and I've just got a quick one for you......

I have an audi A3 2010 8p

my car was serviced by audi, just the basic one 180 pound then I had my break fluid changed by Halfords. the service light went off after the following but now its back on again.

I know my car needs a cambelt change but I was lead to believe that the service light came on only when you need a service or break fluid change ?

I'm going back to Halfords on Sunday to get them to look at it. they must of turned it off because it was fine for about 2 months and now its back on again ?

not really sure whos cocked it up, most likey Halfords but if you could shed some like that would be brilliant.

Many Thanks
Old 08-20-2017, 08:22 PM
1st Gear

Sometimes the SRI (Service Reminder Indicator) doesn't get reset correctly using the dealer tools. I've experienced it a few times. Really all it is, is a mileage/time counter that detects when your next service is due.

It is reset with a computer, that should reset the SRI clock to the recommended service interval. You probably don't have an issue, I would only be concerned if the check engine light comes on, not the gear wrench (or service now).

I could be wrong, but hey...