Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Driver's Door Lock - window motor related?

Old 08-14-2017, 09:25 PM
1st Gear
Default Driver's Door Lock - window motor related?

I'm having a problem with my drivers door lock not working with the central locking on my 2008 A3. The key does work, and it controls the other doors and the alarm as per normal, so I assume there must be communication.

I've checked the wiring harness, and while some wires have cracked insulation, none appear broken. I also tried replacing the lock with a whole new unit (rather than just the motor solution elsewhere on these forums) and it still does not work. Could the issue possibly be the window motor? I noticed the lock seems to run through here, and the side mirror does connect here for sure.

Window itself works - and so do all the other switches and controls.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:11 PM
1st Gear

I have had a similar issue, at least as far as the central locking. I can't help but wonder we are having the same type thing but different doors?
For me it started with the rear drivers side door a long time ago. The door would not lock from the fob, the drivers door or front passenger door command. Could manually lock the door and it would unlock with the other doors. Now it does not respond to any lock or unlock command. I can leave it manually locked as that door is rarely used and the inside handle opens the door. I have pulled the panels off that door and checked all the connectors and wiring. Kinda gave up troubleshooting.
The problem has now included the front passengers door. Can unlock with central locking but must manually lock the door.
Wish I could actually help but will be interested if you able to find a source to the problem.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:01 PM
1st Gear

mattymo, have you checked these forums elsewhere? Sounds a bit like other people who have had issues with the actuator motors failing.

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b6-...roblem-179267/

Old 08-21-2017, 09:41 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the link. I didn't see that back when I was looking into this. May be time to pop the door cards off a couple of doors and get busy.