Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

VAG

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 05:03 PM
1st Gear
Default VAG

Hey everyone quick question:

People who have changed codes in the ecm to unlock the extra features like opening and closing the windows. Do they have their own VAG com or can you just go to a local mechanic and let them change them for you? I want to unlock a few of the features but i don't own a VAG. If not anyone in the boston area willing to do for me??? just kidding....but seriously will you?

Old 03-11-2008, 08:00 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: VAG

Hi TM,

I thought the remote control open windows was standard? Have you tried it? Just hold the unlock key for about 3 seconds, then everything opens! Now I'm going to Audi AGAIN for service this morning....STUPID little problems with my car that they are completely clueless about fixing. So i'm going to bug them to change the VAG coding on the OS to get it close as Hesaputz's says it can...and if the VAG can make it close....I'm sure it can make it open!!

Old 03-19-2008, 05:26 PM
1st Gear

I purchased a VAG-COM interface and software from Ross-tech and make the changes myself.

Yes, the key fob can be set up to close the windows and Open Sky, and open the windows only. I've also enabled heated mirrors (no Cold Weather package), adjusted steering boost (only possible on '06), disabled auto-door locking, enabled foglights as DRL's (necessary when we were recently in Canada), changed some settings in the Bose Symphony stereo, and made baseline performance measurements.

I doubt that an Audi dealer will do any of this for you.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:30 PM
1st Gear

HI dfrost,

True about a dealer, but do you have the VAG code for closing the open sky? Is it the same as the one posted on oooo-a3 's blog?

My friend has a VAG so if I have the code I can probably get hooked up!

Thanks!

Old 03-20-2008, 09:52 PM
1st Gear

Yes, I used OOOO-A3's instructions for the key fob mods, and most of the other modsI listed. So just print a copy of his blog and take it with when you visit your VAG-owning friend. Here it is if you don't have it handy:

http://oooo-a3.blogspot.com/2006/06/...reference.html

I found a thread (unfortunately now gone, but I have a printed copy) in fourtitude.com's A3forum to switch the DRL function from the headlights to the fogs. The radio mods came fromtrying possibilities I found on Ross-Tech's wiki for the A3:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Audi_A3/S3_(8P)

Note that my (or anybody else's) absolute long code listing is NOT what you should use, since my code may have other characteristics set that are not correct for your particular car, especially for a non-US car). OOOO-A3 is very careful to identify the code CHANGES to accomplish each function. Be especially careful to follow his recommendation to write down any long codes BEFORE you make a change, so that you can return to it if the change you make doesn't work, or does something other then what you wanted.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:26 AM
1st Gear

Thanks D-Frost!

Great links and advice...my car is Euro-spec TDI...so I'm not sure how similar the VAG long codes will be to US-spec cars even for things not related at all to the engine. I shall find out!