Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

VAG-COM

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 03:31 PM
1st Gear
Default VAG-COM

I have heard that this is a veryyy useful tool. I was just wondering what people have done with this b/c idk much about it. Thanx

Old 09-10-2006, 04:00 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: VAG-COM

It is a very useful tool. However, it is somewhat expensive. T2T has one so hopefully he will chime in. With a VAG-COM you can check the diagnostics of your car. You can also "turn on" hidden features. For example, you can turn on the auto up/down window feature with the keyfob, adjust steering boost, turn on the trip computer if you have DSG, turn on heated mirrors, adjust the levels of your xeons, turn on rear fog lights when you install the euro switch, and others.

Old 09-10-2006, 08:07 PM
1st Gear

VAGCOM can turn on heated mirrors? what's required to do this? or rather how do I know if my car has them but just turned off?

Old 09-10-2006, 11:38 PM
1st Gear

good lord, are you saying all these features come from the factory disabled? not sure that makes any sense to me.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

I have one, Micro-CAN interface from Ross-Tech so it works only on 05+ model years. You'll also need a windows laptop with a USB port because all the mods are done through Ross-Tech's windows VAG-COM software with the VAG-COM hardware interface hooked up to the laptop's USB port and the other end hooked up to your cars ODBII port.

Mods I've done with the VAG-COM,

-Disable the seat belt chime
-Disable BEEEEEEEEP on lock with key in door
-Disable BEEEEEEEEP on lock with keyfob
-Enable all windows/sunroof close when holding down lock on the keyfob
-Enable all windows open when holding down unlock on the keyfob

There are a few other, mostly they require additional hardware and then a VAG-COM to tell the car it has said hardware.

Link to a guide: OOOO-A3: VAG-COM Coding Reference

Old 09-11-2006, 12:05 AM
1st Gear

wow, where else could i get this kind of programming done?

Old 09-11-2006, 12:16 AM
1st Gear

Sometimes friendly forum members will do it for people in their area. I've HEARD a nice tech at the dealership would do it sometimes, but I have never seen anyone claiming a dealership would do things such as disabling the seatbelt chime.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:48 AM
1st Gear

yeah i guess i know what u mean. things i would be interested in having done would only be stuff like opening/closing windows, being able to adjust the lights and turning on the trip computer. oh, and what exactly is steering boost?

Old 09-12-2006, 04:32 PM
1st Gear

Im pretty sure the steering boost hes talking about is the lightness of the steering. Like when you turn it now u can turn it with ur pinky. You can change the boost to make it feel heavier for a more sportier feel and better control when driving fast. I think that it comes at 8 boost from the dealer unless it has the sport package in which case it comes at 6. So it basically helps how much the power steering assists you in turning the wheels.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:23 PM
aj
1st Gear

Just an FYI, the steering assist code changed in the '07 A3. I dont think anyone knows the new code yet.