Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

VAG-COM

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 10:16 PM
1st Gear
Default VAG-COM

Someone mentioned in another post getting a vag-com to mod your A3 computer. Has anyone done any A3 computer hacking?

Is this all you need to get.
http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/m...ry_Code=VAGCOM

249.99 isnt bad for complete control and loggin of the computer..

Old 06-12-2007, 10:50 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: VAG-COM

Yep, that's it.And yes, it's pretty sweet to be in control. There's a wiki with programming info and A3OOOOO has a programming guide.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:30 AM
SoCal Crew Member

i believe that's what a vag com is, it's just a program you can buy with an added cable that can plub into your port and that's what it is, it's not a device, it's a computer program

Old 06-13-2007, 05:37 AM

I am in the UK and have just fitted a RNS-E that needed "Coding" to the car. Without Vag-Com this would have meant an expensive trip to the dealer to sort out. In this case a friend took all of 5 minutes to confirm everything was working correctly and set up the Sat Nav on the RNS-E and the DIS.

To give another example, we often go to France and that means we have to adjust the headlight beams (we drive on the right side of the road - i.e. the LEFT!). With Bi Xenons (Adaptive) it means a trip to the dealer to adjust and they charge approx $200.

With Vag Com it takes 2 minutes.........

Need any other reasons to get it?

Old 06-13-2007, 12:53 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: GrA3am

To give another example, we often go to France and that means we have to adjust the headlight beams (we drive on the right side of the road - i.e. the LEFT!). With Bi Xenons (Adaptive) it means a trip to the dealer to adjust and they charge approx $200.
Sorry to go OT, but I've always wondered, when crossing a border into a country that drives on the opposite side of the road how do you switch over? Is there some kind of over-under system so both lanes can switch without wrecking? Haha, dumb question, I know.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:10 AM
SoCal Crew Member

The $250 micro-can version is only good for Gen. 5 Golf platforms, e.g., A3, GTI, Golf, Rabbit, Jetta (+ other Seat and Skoda). Something to consider if a close friend / relative has an Audi A4, A6, etc.