Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

What color did you get and why?

Old 11-27-2006, 12:43 AM
1st Gear
Default What color did you get and why?

I'm about a month or so away from making my purchase of a A3. I'm leaning toward Lava Grey but I'm concerned about the car looking kinda dirty most of the time. In the past I've had a black car and I hated dealing with the scratches/swirl marks and dust/dirt issues. I've also had a white car and liked the clean and bright look of it when it was clean. My wife has a silver car so I'm not sure I'd want the same color. So as you can probably tell...I'm undecided.

What color did you purchase when you got your A3 and would you change it if you were to do it over again?

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-27-2006, 01:10 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: What color did you get and why?

ORIGINAL: ElitePoker

I'm about a month or so away from making my purchase of a A3. I'm leaning toward Lava Grey but I'm concerned about the car looking kinda dirty most of the time. In the past I've had a black car and I hated dealing with the scratches/swirl marks and dust/dirt issues. I've also had a white car and liked the clean and bright look of it when it was clean. My wife has a silver car so I'm not sure I'd want the same color. So as you can probably tell...I'm undecided.

What color did you purchase when you got your A3 and would you change it if you were to do it over again?

Thanks in advance!
I got light silver metalic exterior A3 coming with silver leather interior. I currently have a audi with medium dark green exterior and beige interior and the beige always show the dirt, while the medium dark green is easy to hide scratches, but still a bit to hot to touch on hot sunny days.
My other car (vw) is a midnight blue with grey interior. The very dark blue shows scratches and is harder to touch up, the grey interior is darker then the beige and dirt isn't as visible. Another problem is a very dark color means a very hot car in the summer time. Your right white show the dirt but is durable and very cool in summer, I chose light silver metalic because I wanted a little less dirt visable but still have a very cool car in the summer time. Now if the A3 came in quartz grey that would have been my #1 choice, light enough to be cool, but dark enough to hide the dirt and scratches. I sure wish lava grey wasn't so close to black, as I find it a bit too dark. You might also consider sprint blue as that is very attractive color to work with.

Old 11-27-2006, 01:37 AM
2nd Gear

I got black. I will do black again in any car I buy except a truck. A truck will be silver or some other color than can hide scratches. Reason for black is because no other color will look as good as black when its well taken care of.

Old 11-27-2006, 01:58 AM
1st Gear

Lava. Love and hate it. Wish I had white with Open Sky.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:04 AM
1st Gear

How much work is the Lava Grey? Does it show scratches and swirl marks like brilliant black?

Old 11-27-2006, 02:09 AM
1st Gear

Is Audi still offering "Sprint Blue"? I'm only seeing: Brilliant Black, Brilliant Red, Ibis White, Dakur Beige, Light Silver, Liquid Blue, Lava Grey, Misano Red, & Ocean Blue. Do they still have the other colors available at an extra charge?

Old 11-27-2006, 02:40 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ElitePoker

Is Audi still offering "Sprint Blue"? I'm only seeing: Brilliant Black, Brilliant Red, Ibis White, Dakur Beige, Light Silver, Liquid Blue, Lava Grey, Misano Red, & Ocean Blue. Do they still have the other colors available at an extra charge?
They might have removed that color now that I check USA audi config site versus 2007 A3 brochure. Check with dealer, as you know with mirror compass and homelink, things change.

Old 11-27-2006, 10:19 AM
1st Gear

I live in the North East. Simple choice for me here.
Silver!
Doesn't show the salt between baths in the winter and doesn't show dust and pollen in the summer.
It never really looks dirty, doesn't show scratches and swirls, and its cooler than the darker colors in the summer.
I also have kids so I do black leather which also wears well and doesnt get dirtly looking. Just have to watch the seats in the summer when you get in wearing a pair of shorts !

Old 11-27-2006, 10:47 AM

I went with Arctic white, grey interior. My previous car was black and I agree black is the best looking color for most vehicles when clean and shiny, but with the SoFla heat and being kept outdoors I went with the white. I may have overreacted because my wife's Adriatic blue Jag looks so much better!

Old 11-27-2006, 12:06 PM
1st Gear

I went with Ibis white with gray leather and open sky which makes a nice contrast. I've had two previous Audis and both were silver and they are great for not looking dirty. I thought the silver and open sky would look great too, I just wanted a different color this time. The roads turn real crappy here with salt, boulders, and muck so white looks pretty good for awhile. I really like the Lava Gray and most of the other darker colors, but it would hardly keep clean here for more than 10 minutes.[:@]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What color did you get and why?