Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Where to go with stereo wire-sub install

Old 10-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Default Where to go with stereo wire-sub install

hey all-
I was about to install subs into my trunk and feed the wire to the battery, but there is no where to go with the wire from the trunk. Can someone give me some directions on how the hell to do it? I'm completely lost because I have not even found a crack to go through.

Thanks,
Danny

Old 10-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Default RE: Where to go with stereo wire-sub install

no one knows this? Come ON

Old 10-08-2006, 10:02 PM

Sorry. I don't know because I've never looked. There has to be a conduit with wires coming for the front. It all else fails, then route the battery wire behind the rear seat, down the side, under the side rails to the front and go through the firewall there. Can't be too hard. Don't give up that easily!

Cheers!

Old 10-12-2006, 12:58 AM
1st Gear

I had a system in what used to be my A3... What I did was I drilled a hole thru the body in the lower left of the steering column from under the hood and then ran it under the side moldings... the moldings were hard to take out and I didnt wanna break anything so I just tucked it under them.

Old 11-01-2006, 03:28 AM
1st Gear

I haven't received my A3 yet, but I have installed subs in several different cars. You probably need to remove the seat cushion in the rear seats (the part for you butt not your back). This is done by pushing in and lifting up and they pop right out (with a little muscle). I cannot verify that this works in an A3 but it is usually the case. Once you do this you will see directly into the trunk. If you are not skilled in installing amps then use best buy or circuit city since they are located everywhere and will remove the system free of charge if you ever want to take it out, just keep your receipt. I don't recommed local install places because if you move or if they go out of business you are stuck if they provide shoddey workmanship. If you really want to do the install yourself go to crutchfield.com they have competitively priced audio equipment and will tell you exactly what fits your vehicle, you will get your item delivered in about 2-3 days and they provide a mastersheet that tells you what tools you need for a do it yourself install. They will also talk you through the install with tech support if you need it.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:27 PM
1st Gear

If you can't get through the firewall without drilling, open up the door and look at how the wires are routed for the power windows. In my truck I routed the power cable through the same grommet, then into the dash from the side, and under the carpet to the side moldings. You need a door and trim panel removal tool:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-noHY1qD...0&search=tools
it is flat like a cake knife and is split like you are holding up a peace sign, it slides under the side molding and gives you the leaverage the pop it off without breaking anthing.