Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Will this DVD Head Unit fit our cars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:03 PM
1st Gear
Default Will this DVD Head Unit fit our cars?

http://www.caradvanced.com/products/...-slot....html#

Anyone seen this?
looks pretty slick...

Old 04-17-2009, 05:40 PM
1st Gear

I dont see why not I believe the center counsel on the A3 is the same as the A4 but I would contact AOA and ask. If it would fit I would completely change my system to be double din to have that.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Default Double Din Unit

Hi, I'm new to this forum but thought I would try and be helpful as soon as I came across something i could help with.

Personally, I would say AVOID these units like the plague. I do In-Car entertainment and xenon installations in the UK. I have previously installed these type of units in customers cars at their own request after they have purchased these.

The outputs from these units are absolutely awful, especially important if you are looking to connect an external amplifier for either a sub or speakers.

The touchscreen is ok, but the unit becomes almost useless, if (or should i say when) the screen stops working. The remote control also has a nasty habit of stopping working.

If you require any more information please don't hesitate to ask and I will try and be as helpful as possible.

All in all, I say avoid these units! Save a bit longer if necessary and buy a branded system like a Kenwood, Alpine or Pioneer etc, you will be a lot happier in the long run and if you have steering controls these will still work also, although there is an option for these cheaper/"all-in-one" units that allows steering control also.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:56 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by icks83
Hi, I'm new to this forum but thought I would try and be helpful as soon as I came across something i could help with.

Personally, I would say AVOID these units like the plague. I do In-Car entertainment and xenon installations in the UK. I have previously installed these type of units in customers cars at their own request after they have purchased these.

The outputs from these units are absolutely awful, especially important if you are looking to connect an external amplifier for either a sub or speakers.

The touchscreen is ok, but the unit becomes almost useless, if (or should i say when) the screen stops working. The remote control also has a nasty habit of stopping working.

If you require any more information please don't hesitate to ask and I will try and be as helpful as possible.

All in all, I say avoid these units! Save a bit longer if necessary and buy a branded system like a Kenwood, Alpine or Pioneer etc, you will be a lot happier in the long run and if you have steering controls these will still work also, although there is an option for these cheaper/"all-in-one" units that allows steering control also.
i have had the mazda version MZ3D in my car for about a year. High quality and excellent sound...

there are a lot of crap versions out there but this one is quality