Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

WRX

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 02:30 PM
1st Gear
Default WRX

Has anyone here ever run with a modded WRX? Guy was next to me at a light we both take off normally, me just a little quicker then him. He decided to gun it about the time i was about a car and a half ahead of him, once i saw him coming up pretty quick, i just floored it in 3rd @ about 35mph, didnt bother downshifting. Needless to say i got walked since he had the jump and probably downshifted, though just barely. I'm sure if i had dropped a gear I would have at least held the lead i had if not pulled away. I was starting to close the gap he built up but we ran out of road(two lanes merged to one lane)and went our seperate ways at the next light. Sounded lightly modded, exhaust, definately a BOV and who knows what if anything else.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:39 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: WRX

Stock for stock, the WRX or Legacy GT owns the A3.A chipped A3 would be close, but from a dig, AWDhas the advantage.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:55 PM

Yeah, considering both cars can be easily modified, it is tough to compare an "unknown" WRX in a race against you. You would do well against a stock WRX with your current mods. The STi is a different story.

Cheers!

Old 05-14-2007, 01:58 AM

hey chef only with the chip the STI roll on cant touch the A3 EVO is different only EVO 9 but above 130 mph well we dont have all whell drive
and WRX or STI are very hard to tune before they can do any modifications they have to change engin blok it is too week

Old 05-18-2007, 01:47 AM
1st Gear

WRX at all aspects.