Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Two Questions w/ pictures** DV and Coil Packs

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 12:52 AM
Default **Two Questions w/ pictures** DV and Coil Packs

1998.5 A4 1.8T Quattro Manual
Alright, firstly, I am planning on going fmic after getting my chip, which will probably be sometime in November....by the way this is the eBay kit I am looking at, they say it is a complete kit, but no where in the pics can I see a place to attach my DV, so, do I have to cut a hole/fab a flange...or am I missing something?
here's a pic of what I am talking about
Name:  QuestionaboutDVandnewFMIC.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  82.3 KB
oh, and on the same note, would I be able to move the DV any closer to the turbo inlet pipe, or would the turbo's turbulance have some sort of negative effect? (mainly thinking in terms of making the the DV release a little more audible)
My second question is totally irrelevant to the first, and is basically presented to you in this pic
Name:  whatrtherefor.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  91.4 KB
I have two of each of the 4 pin packs...they were given to me by a guy who had no idea what they came off of, so i am mainly wondering what application they are for...is there an application guide somewhere for coilpacks?

well, I believe that is it for now, any and all help is appreciated

Old 10-05-2007, 01:03 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: **Two Questions w/ pictures** DV and Coil Packs

i would believe you reuse the turbo hose with the dv recirc on it when installing the new fmic. If you want your blow off to be more audiable, get a intake, cut holes in your airbox and/or get a piston based dv.

As for the packs, look on ecstuning for more info.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:10 AM

Thank you cincy...yeah, I wasn't planning on using the stock hose, I think I'll just weld a little flange on the kit...

as for making the DV more audible, I just bought a piston based DV, and I already do have a custom K&N intake/heatshield....

so, is there a reason why I shouldn't get my DV any closer to the TIP?

I've been looking everywhere trying to find the application for the two different BREMI packs, I already looked on ecstuning.com, but I will look again...

if any of the techs on here have an application guide for the bremi pacs, it would be much appreciated if you could tell me what cars the coils correspond to...

thanks again!

Old 10-05-2007, 09:09 AM

if you are wanting to move your dv you should move it closer to your throttle body. it will do the most good over there

Old 10-05-2007, 09:15 AM
2nd Gear

what ebay kit are you looking at??

Old 10-05-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm make believe

if you have a intake already, then you need to place the valve over the charge pipe and put the pressure on the bottom. This will increase the the sound by a few more dB.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Bondga

if you are wanting to move your dv you should move it closer to your throttle body. it will do the most good over there
I never understood that fully. Why does it make a difference as to where you move the DV?

Old 10-05-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm make believe

The further the dv/bov is from the turbo, the faster the turbo will respool since the turbo will spin faster between shifts since it is moving more air between shifts.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:31 AM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

The further the dv/bov is from the turbo, the faster the turbo will respool since the turbo will spin faster between shifts since it is moving more air between shifts.
that's good to know!...thank you!

I figured out that the coils came off of a 2003 Passat GLS 1.8T Tip 2 of the packs are the newer styles(j(the good ones) and two of the packs were from the factory (H9which are the sh!tty ones))...in case anyone needs to know....they were from an AWT motor and I am pretty sure they'll also work on the 1.8T A6....