Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*UPDATED*Searched for tutorial on front bumper removal. Pics up.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 11:28 AM
1st Gear
Default *UPDATED*Searched for tutorial on front bumper removal. Pics up.

Gotta give me a break here, I've had my 03 A4 for 5 days now. Not use to working on Audi's at all. Was formerly a Honda guy, but with a baby on the way I figured it was time for a nicer car.

So, my car has some minor front end dmg. Link for the pics:
https://www.audiforums.com/m_271249/tm.htm

I need to get the front bumper off, I think anyway, to replace the radiator support, radiator, and fan shroud. Hood is simple, but I can't get the damn front bumper off. I removed the nuts on the inner side of the fenders holding the bumper on. Then I removed the fog lights and took of the center grille on the bottome to get 3 more bolts/screws out. Thought it would be loose, buy nope. Anything I'm missing. I took out the plastic screw on each fender well down by the bottom.

Anyone know of a DIY with pics?

Need some help on this one guys.

EDIT

Here are two screws that I think need to come off. They are right by the headlight washers. Any suggestions on how to get them off? Can't get anything in there to reach them.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:46 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Searched for tutorial on front bumper removal. Need help.

check audiworld.com in the tech articles section .. if you dont find one specifically for removing bumper.. check out the timing belt DIY .. i think it explains how to remove the bumper.. its just screws man.. dont be scared

Old 05-10-2006, 11:55 AM
1st Gear

Have any idea how many screws I'm looking for here? I think so far I've remove the 6 nuts on the fender and 3 bolts on the bottom part of the bumper. I'll just keep looking and hope it comes off. Pushing and pulling will get more severe when anger kicks in.

Old 05-10-2006, 03:37 PM
2nd Gear

There are 2 on the underside of the bumper which secures it to the bumper support. It was a hex bolt, I am not sure what size though.

Check www.audiworld.com and go into the tech section. Look for Snub nose install or something like that.

Old 05-10-2006, 03:45 PM
1st Gear

Does the bumper slide forward off once all the bolts are off? Or do I need to move it in a certain direction to get it to come off?

Old 05-10-2006, 08:39 PM
1st Gear

TTT.

I got the passenger side to kinda slide off, but as you see in pics, I think 2 last screws are holding bumper on. They are in green.

Anyone have a tutorial on removal for B6?

Old 05-10-2006, 09:02 PM
dan
2nd Gear

There are 2 7-8mm bolts you need to loosen. You can see them in this pic just above both sides of the intercool piping. Lay down and look up at the bumper, you'll see them.

Old 05-10-2006, 09:29 PM
1st Gear

From the above pics, do I still need to take off the ones in green? It seems like it's catching right in that area.

Thanks for the pic though. I don't think I got those off. Are those the ones on the bumper struts?

Thanks man.

Old 05-10-2006, 09:36 PM
dan
2nd Gear

don't take the bolts completely out, it'll be a pain in the *** to put them back in. Just loosten then a few turns until you can slide the bumper straight out.

you need to slide it forward, it wont lift up etc because of the way those bolts hold the bumper support.

Old 05-10-2006, 09:52 PM
1st Gear

Thanks a ton man. I just got the bumper off. Now I can order my parts for the front end. What a pain though. I don't know if I'd have found those by myself. Can you say this needs to be in DIY.