Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1.8T VS 2.8?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 01:50 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: 1.8T VS 2.8?

+1 on the insurance. It's a tad higher for me since I rock the 1.8t. Turbo + under 25 male driver = higher rates. It would have been closer to $250 less a year with the 2.8. Not a huge difference, but a difference.

And yes, I'm an ***. You rolled pretty well on an awareness check.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx

ORIGINAL: A4Tuner.

fine, since everyone is being serious up in here............

my 2 pence.....

i have 163,000 miles on my '96 2.8L FWDand she is VERY reliable.
yes, there have been things that has gone wrong, like control arms, starter motor, tie-rod ends, driveshafts ect ect ect
but she has NEVER left me stranded, i have never broken down on the side of the road, never had to call for help.

just to proove how reliable the 2.8L's are...........
i traveled from wisconsin to pennsylvania, to west virginia, to virginia, and then to florida. i was driving all the way through to each state, i had work in each of those states. took about 2 weeks becuase of the stops/work.
during the traveling..........
i hadslightly bold tires. traveling through FL and PA in the fall is not a good idea with bold tires, now i know. it was raining that hardand fortoo many hours in PA that i was doing 40mph in an 80mphbecuase i was aquo-plaining everywhere!! but everyone else was doing like 50mph anyway.
ALL of my control arms were totaled, so i had a very squeaky ride.
my tie-rod ends were pretty bad, which is the main reason i had such bold tires. so i was fighting with my car in the rain.
i had low oil in the gearbox (automatic), so we had a couple of clunks here and there.
and a split boot (wheel side) on the driveshaft. i did replace the boot while i was in virginia since the cup was bone dry/no greace,but it had split again within only a day of driving so i left it.

with all that said, she made it florida without one hickup. she was in the same condision when i arrived in florida as when i left wisconsin, meaning she didnt get any worse, no other problems poped up.

so to top this off...... my car pretty f*cked up while i was traveling. a number of things couldve happend like my driveshaft dropping out, control arms snapping, gearbox going up the shoot, a blow out ect ect ect
but nothing happend at all. and becuase of this i actualy trust my car to the fullest. i have had her for 5 years now. the trip was 3 year ago.

if i was driving a ford, chevy, nissan or something simalar, the car wouldve broken down before i even left wisconsin.

that is also why, in my opinion, the 2.8L'sown all the 1.8T becuase of their reliability!!

all of the above problems have now been fixed, shes still running like new.
You do know that you don't actually have a driveshaft, your car is FWD. Also, did you ever graduate second grade?
driveshaft = axleshaft, power to the wheels, same meanings in fwd cars,d*ck. you gonna be a bitch becuase i say petrol instead of gas or bonnet instead of hood, your an **** instead of your an *** aswell?? the last one was very true tho.
and why did you ask about my schooling eh? cant you read english? dont worry mate, unlike you i wont take the **** out of you becuase your a moron, i wont take little things out of your replies on here and point them out saying that your grammer is totaled, spellings way of, and its defined wrong. nah im nothing like you.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:02 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

No... not really. All cars have axles, but only ones without their wheels mounted directly to the transmission (FF, MR, RR) will have a driveshaft (or propeller shaft, if you're l33t European.) Don't get all pissy just because you don't understand your car, and I never once insulted anyone using European terminology. And if you think that driving a broken *** car around for so long is some sort of proof of anything other than your own stupidity, you're sadly mistaken.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Zombie Defense Force

1.8t ftw

Old 07-13-2007, 02:07 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Not being a poser n00b who can't drive stick FTW

Old 07-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx

Not being a poser n00b who can't drive stick FTW
huh?

Old 07-13-2007, 02:13 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Well, a poser n00b who can't drive stick wouldn't win much of anything, so not being one is an auto win!

Old 07-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Zombie Defense Force

ahhh yes i understand

Old 07-13-2007, 02:20 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Eeeeeexcellent

Old 07-13-2007, 02:50 PM
3rd Gear

hahaha... there is such thing as stock vs. stock.... its when people dont wanna mod the motor...

and the 1.8 does not necessarily handle better than the 2.8, sport suspension on either of them is gonna be the same.. the 2.8 might be a little heavier but thats the only way i can think of the 1.8 handling better

and your right, there are a lot of ****** on this site, lol... you just gotta laugh it off and have fun with it or else you will never survive, but at the same time a lot of it is sarcasm that people fail to see through reading typed words ha...

audi for life, bitches.