Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 A4 2.8 JOLT!! after acceler.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 04:06 AM
1st Gear
Angry 2001 A4 2.8 JOLT!! after acceler.

'01 A4 2.8 207k JOLT !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey,

I just joined this forum thinking I might find the solution to my prob. and it's a nightmare so far.

Here it is:

A month ago I jumped the battery incorrectly(like a dumbass) and fried some stuff, my radio(which i fixed with 4 tools & a new fuse), my CC doesnt work n e more, ABS & Brake modules are prolly fried because it's ABS-on perm. BRAKE-cont.flashing...i had 5 codes prior to this...burnt CATs, had str8 pipe w/ a leak...mostly dealing w/ converter stuff...just put new aftermk convrts and...

check this: the engine runs so smooth, never better! Just had Bosch plugs put in. Interior is still immaculate, just put 3 NEW BEARINGS into it... after steady acceleration, mostly during slight-incline @ 35mph, a HUGE JOLT, KICKBACK....loud bang noise from center of engine. feels like a hit a wall !! it happens during what i think is a downshift from 4th-3rd in AT....it still does it TIP-mode

My car has aftermarket CATs and the 02 sensors work but the computer is fried....guy @ MONRO said I had 300 codes but he didnt ask me anything...I unhooked the NEG. cable for 10 secs. last night to try to reset the codes or do something to stop this depressing noise. Please help. I will pay $ for info.

Last thing, I cleaned the air filter and housing and it JOLTed a lot less, it was seriously clogged...like cigs, mulch, horseflies...yea....the tech who put my BOSCH plugs in didnt bother to look at the air filter or the housing...both were filthy...my fault beforehand but i went into the shop with a decent functioning vehicle and now have a ticking timebomb...i asked him to check performance issues at initial acceler.

MONRO sucks

Old 02-24-2013, 07:18 PM
1st Gear

dude sounds like a lot of things, you should have gotten a print out of the codes stored.

that abs problem is an easy fix go to youtube to idusclothing's channel and look up the 99 audi a4 abs module fix 10 min tops.

1. does the car sputter when u let off the gas?
2.does it sometimes die when at a complete stop
3. do the rpms die down and then jump up out of no where?

if yes unplug ure maf and see if it runs better.

it could also be your ignition coils.

i would try the following

1. unplug maf
2.clean your throtle body really well
3.check compression in the cylinders
4. check to your belts, that hiting the wall sound could be a bad pully or slipping timing belt, look at the main belt that u can easily see check the underside of it and if there is any cracking replace both the timing belt and drive belt.
5. take it in and have a full fluid flush everything but brake fluid.

Last edited by Expplucky; 02-25-2013 at 12:15 AM.