Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

50K service.. Does this sound right or should I go somewhere else?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 11:09 AM
1st Gear
Default 50K service.. Does this sound right or should I go somewhere else?

I just called to reschedule my appointmentI have at Audi to get my oil sensor light inspected and during that call I asked about my 50K mile service and what price I would be looking at. He said that at 50K I could just get away with getting the oil change since the only thing else they would be doing is something with the pollen filter. So he said an oil change is about 70 bucks and if the oil change gets my oil sensor light to go off then I wouldn't be charged the 50 dollar deductible to have my oil sensor light fixed. When I called in a few days ago, the lady said that my 50K service would be about 249.00. Could I really get away with this for no more then 120 bucks? or should I bring it to another dealership. This is the Audi/Porshe dealership in Tacoma,WA.

Sorry if none of this makes sense. It's monday morning

Old 12-17-2007, 11:43 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: 50K service.. Does this sound right or should I go somewhere else?

So they want to charge you 249 to change the oil, pollen filter, and reset the oil service light? Which oil sensor light are you talking about? Is it the oil level/pressure light or just the service interval light. If its the latter then theres no sensor just an internal clock that has to be reset whenever the oil change is done. Bottom line they're overcharging you.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:58 AM

ORIGINAL: AudiA4Girly

I just called to reschedule my appointmentI have at Audi to get my oil sensor light inspected and during that call I asked about my 50K mile service and what price I would be looking at. He said that at 50K I could just get away with getting the oil change since the only thing else they would be doing is something with the pollen filter. So he said an oil change is about 70 bucks and if the oil change gets my oil sensor light to go off then I wouldn't be charged the 50 dollar deductible to have my oil sensor light fixed. When I called in a few days ago, the lady said that my 50K service would be about 249.00. Could I really get away with this for no more then 120 bucks? or should I bring it to another dealership. This is the Audi/Porshe dealership in Tacoma,WA.

Sorry if none of this makes sense. It's monday morning
You may be a chick with lil automotive knowledge but you can still change your own pollen filter for 20 bucks, in less then a minute with no tools. It's right under tha plastic cover against the firewall,the big piece that also covers the battery. For realistically less then 15 minutes of work and$50 in partsthey're gonna charge you $250? lmfao Do your own pollon filter,chick or not it can be done in under a minute, the longest 2 things will be opening the hood and gettin the filter outta the box.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:16 PM
2nd Gear

wow, talk about an *** *******!!!

DIY oil change $40, pollen filter $20, reset oil light yourself-Free

Old 12-17-2007, 02:43 PM
1st Gear

i live in tacoma currently and have been to that dealer too. they clean up on prices, just down the street on s. tacoma way is a big *** schucks, they should have everything you need there for much less $