Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 Quattro rotors (front)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 02:32 PM
1st Gear
Default A4 Quattro rotors (front)

Trying to do a brake job and following my Chilton Manual. I've got the caliper and mounting bracket off and the manual says the rotor should pull off now. It doesn't. I suspect my Quattro has different rotors than the 2 wheel drive and the manual dosen't address the Quattro. Looks like the large allen bolt in the center of the hub needs to come out. Anyone done this? I'm afraid if I open up that hub I'll expose all sorts of bearings and springs, and I don't want to deal with that. Before I put I back together and take it to the shop, I thought I'd ask for help. Anyone do this?

Old 06-21-2004, 03:26 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: A4 Quattro rotors (front)

only the rear rotors are diff between a quattro and a fwd.

DON'T take out that HUB BOLT!!! That's your wheel bearing.

Your rotor should come off after you remove the caliper - it's probably just rusted on there. The only thing holding the rotor on are the wheel lugs. The caliper needs to be removed for the rotor to come off too. Give the rotor edge a couple whacks with a mallet from behind the disc - don't wail on it like a madman obviously tho. It should fall off - and watch your toes.