Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 S4 swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 02:07 AM
Default RE: A4 S4 swap

ok go back and read the starting thread. I don't want a supercharger or a 1.8t. i want a A4 sleep with a 2.7t. the engine bay is exactly the same so space is not a problem. it's just a matter of figuring out what parts i need and what parts are interchangable. does anyone know or do you guys never get past flying pigs and honda's? i'm just looking for some straight forward answers. i mean if i can get the engine for a g with the turbos and ecu and then do all the labor myself unless i need a boat load of other stuff it cost, o here it the big, a grand. back to getting that whole smashed up car for a couple hundred bucks? were can i find that? b.c if you are for real about that i'm extremely interested. thanks

Old 09-21-2007, 03:47 AM

ORIGINAL: oneg

ORIGINAL: hiwords

there's really no way to make the 2.8 fast unless u supercharge it. it's the most easy and efficient way. as for the S4 engine, the swap is going to be a PITA. do a search on this forum for what ur looking for. u'll find quite a bit. but i mean, if ur going to get an S4 engine and upgrade to 6 speed later, y not jsut buy an S4?
he said both that he couldn't afford the SC, and that he didn't want to buy a whole new car. reasons were also stated for both.

It seems no matter who or how you ask this question (i have myself), everyone on this forum just tells you to buy a 1.8, even when you specifically tell them you dint want too. you'd be better off searching this topic elsewhere, i;vie been doing the same but wanting to put a 30V or a 1.8 in mine.

What no one seems to get is that you can find a whole smashed car with a good engine for a couple hundred bucks, so stop saying its too expensive.[:@]
where the hell can you find a wrecked S4 with good engine for a couple hundred bucks?

Old 09-21-2007, 11:32 AM

hope you can weld!!

Old 09-21-2007, 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Ok then, now all we need is about $15 to build it (that includes the cost of the car...LOL)

Whats the saying.... that right "Having a 700whp Honda is like coming out of the closet, shocking at first, but still gay"

C'mon now be realistic...... those spoilers from walmart gotta be at least $25

Old 09-21-2007, 12:49 PM
3rd Gear

While no direct 2.8 to 2.7t knowledge. I have done a couple of engine swaps.

I do know you can use the stock 2.8 trans, but you need a new clutch & FW. The gears are also longer on the 2.8, so it will feel different then a S4 trans.

There are a TON of cost you just don't think about. it's all the little connector here, clamp there, new hose this, new vacuum line... Don't forget you will need DP's & exhaust. After swaps, there are also shake down run that need to be done, to fix all the stupid little problmes, of not connecting things up right, or just stupid, you forgot to do X things.
SO if the SC is to much $$, the engine swap will be much more, then if there is any thing wrong with the 2.7t, you got to also fix that, you will learn, it's a MUCH more expensive engine to maintain, then the 2.8.

Honestly, with the prices falling on the S4, if you want that kind of power, just sell the 2.8, & get an S4. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's the simple truth.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Bondga

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Ok then, now all we need is about $15 to build it (that includes the cost of the car...LOL)

Whats the saying.... that right "Having a 700whp Honda is like coming out of the closet, shocking at first, but still gay"

C'mon now be realistic...... those spoilers from walmart gotta be at least $25
Forgot the K i guess

Old 09-21-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: ggoodling

ok go back and read the starting thread. I don't want a supercharger or a 1.8t. i want a A4 sleep with a 2.7t. the engine bay is exactly the same so space is not a problem. it's just a matter of figuring out what parts i need and what parts are interchangable. does anyone know or do you guys never get past flying pigs and honda's? i'm just looking for some straight forward answers. i mean if i can get the engine for a g with the turbos and ecu and then do all the labor myself unless i need a boat load of other stuff it cost, o here it the big, a grand. back to getting that whole smashed up car for a couple hundred bucks? were can i find that? b.c if you are for real about that i'm extremely interested. thanks
^ this proves your either stubborn or stupid as hell. AND LEAVE MY FLYING PIGS OUT OF THIS!!!

The easiest thing to do would be buy a F'ing S4 and then add a4 body peices. Im sure TONS of people with the same color a4 will be willing to trade, and possibly pay you money to do it.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Site Moderator

Hey you can tell him once, and tell him twice, but if he still doesn't listen his IQ is under 50.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm make believe

Its his money, he can **** it away if he likes i guess

Old 09-21-2007, 03:30 PM
4th Gear

Ggoodling, you just dont get it do you?

There is not 1 person on this forum that has done what you are suggesting. There are many good reasons why this hasn't been done, which we are trying to give to you.

If it wasn't such an expensive, hard as hell thing to do, there would be many that have done the swap, because the 2.8 is a dog. Its cheaper to do a SC, its well documented, and you wont have all the problems associated with an engine swap. Even if you found the engine, wiring harness and ecu for 1k, your still going to need thousands more to do the other things that need to be done.

So, take our advice.

There isnt crap you can do to a 2.8 for $800. You would be better off saving your money, or finding a different vehicle. We see this sh*t all the time, post after post about "I've got $300, what kind of turbo can I get for 300 that will make my car have 300AWHP?" or "I want to go big turbo /SC but I dont want to spend hardly any money, what can I get?". Wake up and smell the oil, you need some $$$ if your wanting horsepower, thats just the way it is.

Quick Reply: A4 S4 swap