Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 S4 swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 04:03 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: A4 S4 swap

for the money you put into your 2.8 (remember time is money, assuming you make $10-$15/hr.) you could buy a 2000-2001 S4. That's the bottom line.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:26 PM

So how many of you actually work on your own cars beyond an oil change? and yes time is money. But what a mechanic charges 50 60 an hour to do i can do on my own and that saves a **** load of time and money. i have access to a shop and all the tools. and anything is possible. obviously none of you know what parts are needed for the exchange, and here i apologize to those of you who took this seriously, so obviously you don't know #&*$ about what you are claiming is so stupid. this is again highlighted by the "no one on this forum has done this" so seriously anytime you want to pull your head out of the dirt and say, honestly we don't know, but we wouldn't do it because we have no idea what it would cost and can only assume it would be a load, so we just settle with what PES gives us and pay our local mechanics to put it on.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: ggoodling

So how many of you actually work on your own cars beyond an oil change?
I do
Plus i have seen a 2.8L to a 2.7T swap before and it was a nightmare, if you want a real number on how much its gonna cost you to do the swap go here. http://www.2bennett.com/
Ask for Ken if you really want to know the nightmare, its not worth it trust me.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:16 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Belligerenceâ„¢

ORIGINAL: oneg

ORIGINAL: hiwords

there's really no way to make the 2.8 fast unless u supercharge it. it's the most easy and efficient way. as for the S4 engine, the swap is going to be a PITA. do a search on this forum for what ur looking for. u'll find quite a bit. but i mean, if ur going to get an S4 engine and upgrade to 6 speed later, y not jsut buy an S4?
he said both that he couldn't afford the SC, and that he didn't want to buy a whole new car. reasons were also stated for both.

It seems no matter who or how you ask this question (i have myself), everyone on this forum just tells you to buy a 1.8, even when you specifically tell them you dint want too. you'd be better off searching this topic elsewhere, i;vie been doing the same but wanting to put a 30V or a 1.8 in mine.

What no one seems to get is that you can find a whole smashed car with a good engine for a couple hundred bucks, so stop saying its too expensive.[:@]
where the hell can you find a wrecked S4 with good engine for a couple hundred bucks?
i didnt say anything about an s4 engine. i said engine, meaning 1.8 or 30v like i said above, which i have found

Old 09-21-2007, 06:24 PM
1st Gear

why not just buy a big ole chevy and drop it in? you got the time, tools, space. hell, people give those away. rebuild kits are cheap as dirt. its cause its too much of a pita. same situation here. it can be done, if you have the time, space, money, energy, desire, but most don't see the reward worth it. lighten up.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: ggoodling

So how many of you actually work on your own cars beyond an oil change? and yes time is money. But what a mechanic charges 50 60 an hour to do i can do on my own and that saves a **** load of time and money. i have access to a shop and all the tools. and anything is possible. obviously none of you know what parts are needed for the exchange, and here i apologize to those of you who took this seriously, so obviously you don't know #&*$ about what you are claiming is so stupid. this is again highlighted by the "no one on this forum has done this" so seriously anytime you want to pull your head out of the dirt and say, honestly we don't know, but we wouldn't do it because we have no idea what it would cost and can only assume it would be a load, so we just settle with what PES gives us and pay our local mechanics to put it on.
YOur an idiot, that is now confirmed. I do everything on my car which is not getting stroked to 2L and a new clutch. So you should shove your own head in the F'ing dirt before people on here do it for you. You have been given the proper way to handle this and the reasons why. If you dont like them, i hear Audizine and Audiworld are very nice places and you should ask them.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Slut

wow cincy... get mad a little would you? relax on him a bit.
now ggoodling... i must say its not worth it at all. does the motor come with the intercoolers? are the turbos good? you will need to know many things about the deal before jumping into it. find out more of the details and put it back on the post. you need to make damn sure that every last piece is in that engine bay. You cant just have a dollar and a dream.
ECU, reserve/spillover tanks, intercoolers, hoses...... and did you think your exhaust was gonna match up... hahahahahaha. come on if you really are a mechanic then you should think about things... it will cost a **** ton of money unless you can find a PERFECT and complete motor to buy. not to mention you will probably have to relocate a lot of stuff in the bay.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:55 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Sp33d07

its not a civic where you can swap the motor like its lego, i would either get the supercharger or buy an s4
You act like that is a bad thing. You all are stuck up ******.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

wow cincy... get mad a little would you? relax on him a bit.
WHo said i was worked up. I was expressing that he has no logic and therefor makes him an idoit by deffinition

Old 09-21-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: ILoveT

ORIGINAL: Sp33d07

its not a civic where you can swap the motor like its lego, i would either get the supercharger or buy an s4
You act like that is a bad thing. You all are stuck up ******.
I dont get that one. Yes, we wish the engines were interchangeable. But when you start with the correct plateform, you dont have to worry about that kind of thing. No one bashed Honda for having the smarts to make things work the way they do, he gave them credit since its so easy. Still not sure how we are all stuck up ****** for not bashing Honda's or for advising a guy how to do something intellegently and cost effectively. Think you should elaborate that statement

Quick Reply: A4 S4 swap