Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 S4 swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:17 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: A4 S4 swap

ur the stuck up ***** if u don't understand how many people are saying not to do it. and nobody said it is a bad thing, it's a stupid thing to do. and i would luv to trade my a4 body for an S4 body lol

Old 09-21-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: hiwords

and i would luv to trade my a4 body for an S4 body lol

see, there's your first taker.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:24 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: ILoveT

ORIGINAL: Sp33d07

its not a civic where you can swap the motor like its lego, i would either get the supercharger or buy an s4
You act like that is a bad thing. You all are stuck up ******.
WHat happening to our Audi youth bashing on your own forum members!!! How do you expect help from others when you go and bash on our members you should be ashamed!

Old 09-22-2007, 01:48 AM
2nd Gear

this tread is not new do you search my friend. since you are so intrested get it done and you want to get the s4 motor in your a4. then ofcorse upgrading the turbos and programing and all that other good stuff should be good amount of money for you pay. thats if nothing else goes wrong.....

Old 09-22-2007, 03:16 AM

https://www.audiforums.com/m_645722/tm.htm doesn't someone from this forum tell this guy to swap to the 2.7t? just wondering? and aren't you guys the same guys who were saying you could never turbo a 2.8, then that custom kit came up on ebay that no body liked and then some body else from this forum said his friend bought it and it worked great?(this one still bothers me truthfully, i want pictures and dynos) but wasn't there recently a bunch of pictures posted of a A4 with a VR6T swap? don't you guys think you should maybe be a little more open minded about ****? and fasterthenyourA4 who ever you are. seriously the exhaust isn't going to match up. no freaking way man. maybe because it is a different engine and has a different exhaust coming off of the block? since i didn't directly say that that being attached to the block i was considering part of the block i hope you were confused? But since i'm the moron, please by all means tell me what is going to have to be relocated in the engine bay that isn't directly part of the block? please with your all mighty knowledge let me know? thats why i started the post. and i didn't say i was a top noche mechanic. if i was i probly wouldn't be wasting time with you asking you what you knew would i? i work on my own car and have worked part time in a shop doing small things only to help out a friend. who owns a shop and is the head mechanic there, i therefore have access to his shop and all the tools there and his help? having helped him with three of the lego swaps you guys were talking about earlier? a H22a in a Cl and a B16 in a del sol and another H22a in a CRX. By the way talking to the guys at 2Bennett the first thing they said was that all the main bolts on Audi engines and clutchs math up. i guess you would consider them the smaller legos? maybe the difference between log cabins and spaceships? hhhhmmmm. Cincy i'm not going to lie i was a little worked up befor. i apoligize to you. 20 psi is pretty f'ing amazing especially in anything other then a s2k. But seriously. i'm not retarded i know that with cars you tend to get what you pay for. i also know labor is the most expensive part and since i do all my own i save alot. this is why i was asking what parts additionally i would need as they would be the extra cost. you guys certainly haven't convinced my that it's cheaper to get an S4 when you can't name any additional parts or show me where people have done it in the past and what they have used. i'm pretty sure that i'm going to do a swap as all the main things match up and i have basically no respect for a superchargered A4. not that is isn't nasty but that it is limited to 300 hp and you can't do anything with it afterwards. and it's no way as efficient as a turbo. i'm not sure what engine i'm going to use, not sure if i'm going to get a 2.7t stock, a eurospec block, something completely different. because everything is so expensive i'm going to be buying parts for a while so that i have everything befor i actually go for the swap which is why i'm trying to gather knowledge and a parts list. again i don't want to just buy an S4, if you think it's cheaper cool, i have heard your opinion in about 50 other post. I personally would rather build a motor from the ground up rather then just save, and buy a new car. So, again, if anyone knows what parts will be needed besides the engine, turbos, ECU(here should i go stand alone or try and use S4 or can the A4 adapt?) please let me know? if you don't and you just think i should just sell my car for a 1.8t or S4, sweet, but i don't care. o and i realize i will need to upgrade suspension? but i will have deffanitly done this by the time i get an engine? if anyone knows how the differences in weight will show up and if i'll need adjustable control arms, ect. ect. though let me know. thanks.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:24 AM

another quick question. has anyone on here ever done anything other then an A/A cooled intercooler. anyone ever messed with an injection or W/A one?

Old 09-22-2007, 03:31 AM
3rd Gear

You seem pretty Adamant about doing this kinda like Hitler wanting to take over the world. Anyways back to the point. Were all just trying to help you with this engine swap you have planned by telling you NOT TO DO IT but hey you already know that judging by the book you wrote^^^^! So what im going to say and most AF members are going to say is[sm=signs003.gif] take ALOT of pictures and if some how you do get this done i hope not to see you with a million threads in the S-class section talking about how all your having is problems with your S4 engine!

Good Luck and deep pockets!

Old 09-22-2007, 10:19 AM
3rd Gear

Good for you, do it! However, I'm a little confused that you are so low on $$ & you will have to purchase so many S4 parts. The "Euro" motor is the same, if you want higher end parts you need RS4 parts, & expect to spend a TON more $$ on that.

Off the top of my head, you will need.....
Full motor & wiring harness, better get a early 00 engine with out ESP
Matching ECU!
airbox & attachments
radiator
downpipes
exhaust
IC's & piping
motor mounts & engine supports
snub mount
gas pedal
S4 bumper (need to cool the IC's)
clutch & fw

stock S4 suspension, or coil overs
BRAKES

Of course any other part that the engine doesn't come with. Then you need to do all the maintaince on the 2.7

Old 09-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Slut

ORIGINAL: ggoodling
and fasterthenyourA4 who ever you are. seriously the exhaust isn't going to match up. no freaking way man. maybe because it is a different engine and has a different exhaust coming off of the block? since i didn't directly say that that being attached to the block i was considering part of the block i hope you were confused? But since i'm the moron, please by all means tell me what is going to have to be relocated in the engine bay that isn't directly part of the block? please with your all mighty knowledge let me know?
hahahahahaha. I was trying to be nice and tell others to relax on ur ***, but now your just a complete idiot. I was pointing out that there were many more things to think about than pulling a motor from one car and tossing it in another. And im the one that said the exhaust wasn't just going to match up... you will need to buy a whole lot of ****. But yea good luck doing a SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLAR project with $800 retard. Just make sure you save enough money to buy yourself a bus ticket when your once-working audi is not running in "your buddies garage" with some pile of a motor sitting in it. hey by the way... i got some real nice oceanfront property in kansas for sale,,, only eight hundred bucks.... hahahaha..... buy yourself a crx if you wanna do $800 motor swaps.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm make believe

This reminds me of the Tom Hanks movie Money Pit.

If you want to know what this prodject is going to be like, go watch that movie. ALso i hope you have another car because this a FAR from a weekend project.

Quick Reply: A4 S4 swap