Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Bag light

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 08:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Air Bag light

erm, did you know that you can turn the Drivers Information System off by pressing the button on the wiper stalk?

You did?

Oh....................I am a muppet then!

Still, the airbag light issues remains though!

Old 10-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

yanked means "pulled" no offence to you people in the USA
We people in the USA dont take offense to many things at all so dont worry about using creative English round here. If we do take offense though, you can bet we will be putting sanctions on yo ***!
Woah... I dont remember saying this... Simple solution... Dont let the wife drive your car. Works for me!

Old 10-11-2006, 09:52 PM
2nd Gear

You need to have your car scanned. Anyone can guess at the issue and 90% of the time it is a connector. Though the light solid can mean many things. There are a lot of connections and so through out the car. If you give me the code I can let you what the problem may be. Also when an airbag light is lit the entire system is disarmed for saftey reasons. One being if there is a problem in any of the systems it disarms to keep surges from going to other bags.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:04 AM
1st Gear

I've been in to the garage this morning and we have cable-tied the loose under-seat cables to the frame of the seat.
We then "bounced" the seat up and down and then "flew" it back and forth and the light has not come on, I will do the wife test tonight!

Other than that there is no error on the system, only that the drivers seat airbag igniter has been "jiggled", when the guy resets it the error does not reappear, so we are quietly confident that the issue is the seat being moved coupled with a pregnant wife adjusting the seat..........

and to onepoint8tee, dude, in response to "...don't let you wife driver your car!", you can tell her if you want but I have made a decision to not annoy any pregnant woman, ever!! lol!

Thanks for all your help, having an Audi beats having a Land Rover until you get to a flood!

Cheers,

Old 11-09-2006, 06:56 AM
1st Gear

Can somebody tell me what a "ZIP TIE" is I think it could be what we call a cable tie in Yorkshire,UK??

[IMG]local://upfiles/25103/267D5C3301184F029DF85F388B881EE4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-09-2006, 01:49 PM
4th Gear

"We people in the USA dont take offense to many things at all so dont worry about using creative English round here. If we do take offense though, you can bet we will be putting sanctions on yo ***!"

I pray to christ you took many minuets to find a way to have a hick accent through text...

Old 11-19-2006, 07:29 PM
1st Gear

I reckon that a zip-tie is a cable tie, something to do with the noise!

Old 11-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Site Moderator

Nothing like bringing threads back from the grave to ask an off topic question... Beautiful.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:35 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Nothing like bringing threads back from the grave to ask an off topic question... Beautiful.
Such a shame for a respected moderator to add such a cutting quote...

I think that this is the official tagline on the homepage for audiforums.com:

"Welcome to the Unofficial Audi Forums!"

Do you see the word welcome?

I think that as a moderator you would have more tact and diplomacy.

Maybe you are having a bad day... How nice for a "noob" to give you the benefit of the doubt, if only you were as considerate.....

Old 12-14-2006, 08:45 PM
2nd Gear

yeah riscars thats a "zip tie"

Quick Reply: Air Bag light