Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TO ALL YOU VAG COM GURUS! THEEEEE ULTIMATE VAG COM QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 06:46 PM
2nd Gear
Default TO ALL YOU VAG COM GURUS! THEEEEE ULTIMATE VAG COM QUESTION

Can you use VAG COM to Increase your HP and TORQUE much like you would chipping your car? (which is pretty much the same thing only it'sa bundled product with a warranty and in my opinion HUGELY overpriced.)

NOW, if it is possible the next question is, how do you do it and what are the settings or codes or modules or whatever the hell the terminology is. Trust me on this one, WE'D ALL LIKE TO KNOW!!!

Old 05-09-2007, 06:51 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: TO ALL YOU VAG COM GURUS! THEEEEE ULTIMATE VAG COM QUESTION

There are some many different things that need to be changed and if anything goes wrong, youll have to check each one of them, but if its possible we'd all like to know what you get, would also help if we knew your year and model ands mods

Old 05-09-2007, 06:54 PM

basically yes you can ( if you know the codes ) VAG dont sell this equipment to help you there because its against the law and effects the warranty but saying that there are places that have the flash codes or basic codes

Old 05-09-2007, 07:12 PM
3rd Gear

No - You cannot use a Vag-com to change anything dealing with performance. If you have a newer car GIAC sells a flash loader that uses the OBDII connector to upload new software(no one has hacked this loader yet). Ross-tech's software cannot change anything to make you go faster. You can't "recode" the TCU to make an automatic shift faster...etc. If this were possible no one would be buying chips

Old 05-10-2007, 09:08 PM
1st Gear

What about lemmiwinks?

I really know nothing about it, nor have I personally used it, but if the vw guys are using it to make small adjustments to fuel delivery and timings and whatnot (that may or may not have any effect on preformance), that would indicate that it is indeed possible to change some of the more "critical" (read: touching them without any advanced knowledge risks trashing your car) settings that are not in ross-tech's vag-com.

But akielb is right, if you could squeeze all sorts of extra performance out of your engine with a $20 cable and a computer nobody would be buying chips for $300-400 a piece...

EDIT: Nifty guide I found on vwvortex just now... http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1618056

Old 05-10-2007, 10:47 PM
2nd Gear

Well I think of it this way. The Chip companies, (GIAC, APR etc...) "reflash" your ECU. This is exactly the same as flashing your BIOS on your motherboard. Bios flashes have been cracked and edited since they first came out now if it can be done for your PC them I'm sure the same thing would apply to your ECU. We just haven't found out how to do it yet, that's all

In time I'm sure