Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amp hookup

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 01:46 AM
2nd Gear
Default Amp hookup

I have an 01 a4 1.8tq. I have a sub and amp, and i am trying to find where i can get the power from. my last car had the battery mounted in the trunk which was easy. Do i need ot run the wires from the front to the back? if so, where in the front?

Old 10-15-2006, 01:55 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Amp hookup

to get full power your gonna have to run the wires from the front, theres no source in the back with that much power...after you hook the wire up to the pos battery cable, you have to look for a grommet in the fire wall to run it through, i think theres some way to run it through the ecu box but im not sure...i just got lazy with mine and ran it through the drivers door jam, the only way you can see it is if the door is open...then it looks like ****, but i just wanted to get my **** hooked up !

Old 10-15-2006, 02:05 AM
2nd Gear

Lol, there are multiple firewall grometts. i had to run the hose through one for my boost guage. so once i run it through, do i just run it under the seats and the carpets all the way into the trunk?

Old 10-15-2006, 02:08 AM
4th Gear

nah, you can just pull up the sill plates and run it under that, you need to take the screws out of the kickpanel, and just yank up on the plastic sill plates (within reason) haha (i miss my subs)

Old 10-15-2006, 02:13 AM
2nd Gear

errrr... sill plates? whatz those?

Old 10-15-2006, 02:16 AM
4th Gear

the long plastic piece that runs along the side, it covers the edge of the carpet, and also interlocks with the door weather stripping, theres a little platic clip about ever six inches, just stick your fingers under the plastic on the carpet edge and pull up a little should pop off fairly easy

Old 10-15-2006, 02:19 AM
2nd Gear

Awesome. this is sounding a lot easier than i had initally imagined. but then again, everytime something seams easy with an audi, it isnt! i just replaced a vac. hose today. sucked. i tried to replace the left front turnsignal. bad idea. its horrifying to get out. so i put it backtogether after cutting up my hands and not getting it done. and it worked. a losse wire i think. god hates me. lol

Old 10-15-2006, 02:23 AM
4th Gear

haha nah this is pretty straight forward, it took me maybe an hour to install the whole thing, the only snag i hit was after i had it all hooked up the amp wouldnt turn on, so i had to find a switch 12volt source and run another wire back for the remote turn on

Old 10-15-2006, 02:25 AM
2nd Gear

EH? the way we had it in my last car was that it was wired into the power seat syustem. so if the door was open, or the ignition was on, it would work.,.but i dont have any power seats..

Old 10-15-2006, 02:33 AM
4th Gear

i hooked mine into the fuse for the phone...since i dont have the phone option, it was only hot with the key on so i used it... same concept just different method..what are you going to be running ?

Quick Reply: Amp hookup