Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Blown Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 03:25 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Another Blown Turbo

its obvious all you need is the Turbonator...

Old 02-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Site Moderator

Your welcome...
And I agree with having a higher flowing exhaust, especially a high flow cat/TP to eliminate some back pressure and transfer heat better. Changing the oil/coolant feed lines would be wise, and proper cool down times after a hard run is also. I personally would be using an MBC with a k04 because it will eliminate spiking better than the n75. You dont want to spike much with the higher boost that the apr stg 1+ puts out on a k04. The k04 isnt really much more reliable than the k03 is when it comes to boost levels. It just flows a hell of a lot better.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:48 PM
1st Gear

Well I just received a package from ECS with a timing belt kit (wanted the pulleys too but read on here that it's not good for the 1.8t so i didn't get them), APR snub mount, pink antifreeze, power steering fluid, all the nuts, bolts, gaskets and clamps to put it all in. The new K04 should be here tomorrow from Supreme Power. And my friend just dropped off his kero jet heater so i'll get the garage all nice and toasty, all i need is a case of beer and i'll be ready to get dirty this weekend.

I didn't get new oil/coolant hoses for the turbo, for $250 i figured i could take the old ones off and blow them out with my compresser.

An exhaust simply isn't in the budget right now, i'm hopping to be able to pull it off around june or july. It seems a high flow cat is just as expensive as the exhaust is, if i can only do one would the cat be the place to start? I would imagine that the exhaust is creating more back pressure then the stock cat, but i can also see how the cat would retain more heat then the exhaust might. or is it just dumb to not do both at once, even if you have to wait a bit longer?

And about the MBC, just one of the little valves with a **** on it? i am assuming this replaces the N75, or is it inline with it?

computer geek turned backyard mechanic, it's so great how you can find anything you want on the internet.