Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APR Chip

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 03:45 AM
1st Gear
Default APR Chip

hows the APR chip anyone, will i feel a big difference, the only mods i have done so far is an custum exhaust and a HKS SSQV blow off valve done to my car. does it feel lie ka big difference? how long does it take t obreak in and feel? will it make my turbo spool up louder? anything else....

Old 04-16-2007, 03:52 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: APR Chip

a little bit of everything you asked.

well,my turbo seems a little louder. you will feel a difference but some people dont actually see a difference in their times. but your car feels more agresive and powerful. it may take a week or two to break in but some take longer or barely no time at all

go APR if you want medium to high end power and giac if you want low end power and no high end

Old 04-16-2007, 03:55 AM
1st Gear

Well, before anyone else starts flaming you, i got a few suggestions:

1) Use the search feature. All the top chips (APR, GIAC, REVO, etc.) are well documented on these forums!!!
2) Read the GOOD THREAD LINKS (New Members Start Here) thread located on the top of the A4 Forum
3) While you are searching the forums.....look around on BOV info....almost everone here will tell you that a BOV will ruin your car over time. Plus, a good DV will sound very similar and cause no damage...

Cheers.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:27 AM

col air intake will sound like BOV take BOV out and put a nice DV in

Old 04-16-2007, 04:43 AM
2nd Gear

Just got my apr chip in, if you ask me it makes a huge difference, and yes its definately a difference in the high end range.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:36 PM
1st Gear

well i took my a4 t oan audi/volkswagen specialty shop and got the HKS put on and they said it was the only one that doesnt make the 1.8t run like **** and it doesnt put the check engine light on like other BOV's bc it doesnt open up to vent the pressure, it pulls back and has 2 spines, 1 for small pressure, and another for huge pressure, hence since it pulls back it cant leak under and boost and bc the pressure holds it shut, just what i have found out, i mean ive had it one for 5 months now and it iidles fine it doesnt idle irractic or outta control