B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

WTB ecu chip for a b7 sline? Also does a chip install void warentee?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Default WTB ecu chip for a b7 sline? Also does a chip install void warentee?

I know that this question has got to be somewhere in here but I've searched a number of times and can't quite find a post that speaks directly on the best chip to use in a b7.. My good buddy also has a b7 and went the APR route as the motorsports division of his audi dealer was an authorized APR dealer... however, the APR is the only chip I have experienced first hand... any other suggestios?
Also, when I asked my salesman about installing the APR chip he told me that Audi has only approved the Stasis chip for install while still keeping the factory warentee and that any other chip install would void the factory warentee; however, I know first hand that my friend has retained his warentee while also utilizing the APR chip.
If the stasis chip performed as well as the APR chip I would'nt worry... though the specs he gave me have it only adding 50 hp and 50 tq... the APR chip destroys that and costs about 900$ less...
I have yet to contact the dealer where my friend bought his b7 but I'm sure they have my answer; just curious if anyone here has any insight as well.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:04 PM
2nd Gear

I'm not sure how he kept is warranty with APR. As far as I know Stasis is the only one officially approved by Audi. Other chips include REVO, GIAC, and Unitronics. They're pretty much all the same. Whichever one someone has, they'll say it's the best.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:40 PM
2nd Gear

yeah... there is a thread somewhere on this forum, i believe in the noob section which breaks down how each chip varies, so try to look for it on the new to this forums area... and i believe it talks about all the different mods you can do and which to do first and best bang for your buck etc...

Old 09-19-2008, 05:57 PM
2nd Gear

As I have said in other posts on here, I have APR that was installed BY THE DEALER. Now I have yet to have any problems that would make a dealer question weather or not I had the car tuned, but I do know that they would have to prove that the APR caused the problems.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:05 AM
1st Gear

i have the revo chip. The Revo allows for more programing choices than that APR i believe. I'm no expert by any means, thats just my understanding. If you get the STS (i think thats right) you can program the chip and switch it on and off. So if you need to go into the dealership for any reason you can flip the switch and its as if it was never there. Also thinking about getting a DV as the factory ones may blow out. I have a Forge DV. Anyway, do your homework and ask around. Overall, im very happy with my Revo.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Default problem solved

ok first of all thank you to all who replied... in short, the audi motor-sports division were i purchased my b7 pushed stasis products. however, the stasis chip is far too expensive for the power it delivers. now, I went to my buddy's dealer (the dude with the apr chipped b7) and they house an apr motor-sports division. so i had them install the chip and i could not be happier. I got them to flash my ecu to add the security lockout, stock, 93 octane, and 100 octane... all of which can be accessed through the use of the cruise control stick.
I talked to the head tech and he said that while many dealers will void your warrantee if you install anything other than a stasis chip, with the apr chip (this may be the case with others as well) you have the option of purchasing the stock program. Therefore, if you wanted to take your car into a non apr dealership for service all you have to do is select the stock program and they will have no way of knowing that you have the other programs installed. I am not really up on all of the logistics of it but the vag com scan is unable to detect that you have other ecu programs installed.
However, since the that dealer installed my apr chip, they said it would not be a problem that I was running the 93 octane program if i was to bring it in for service.
Once again thanks for the help fellas.

Mitch