Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

audi has my car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 11:51 AM
3rd Gear
Default audi has my car!

two days ago i was turning onto my road when I lost major power and heard WOOOOOSH noises! the car started bucking and then stalled. I started her back up and she would only move if i kept my foot on the throttle. SO i revved her all the way down my street. I figured it was either fuel filter or fuel pump since she was recently driven almost to empty. Called the tow truck yesterday morning driver revved her up and she started idling and said there was moisture in the tank from the rain. recommended "dry gas" well this guy was a complete fool and had a total of two teeth in his mouth so I told him to tow her to Audi. Got a call from the stealer yesterday saying a hose near the turbo had blown off... and they found three vac leaks in my system. estimated total of about $150 to reconnect the hose and fix the leaks. not bad considering everytime I've taken her there I've spent over $500 but still a major rip since that would take them about 20 minutes to complete. definetely something I could have done myself if I had known what was wrong.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:13 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: audi has my car!

I have had that happen, but not on the stock turbo. It happened to me when my turbo to intercooler hose blew off. Exact same symptoms.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:14 PM
2nd Gear

that sucks cuz the tow truck couldn't have been cheap

Old 06-30-2006, 01:27 PM
3rd Gear

that's why you gotta love AAA plus membership! flatbed within 45 minutes. can't remember what I paid for the year def. worth it though.