Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Radio light

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 07:04 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi Radio light

i intend to take the head unit outs weekend and remove the fuse from the back and disconnect the cable and reseat everything. I have the code so shouldnt be a problem there i hope.

Its very strange as the lights all go out when you press the **** in but then reappear after a few seconds. Its like the unit has park lights which dont go off

Old 01-25-2007, 01:20 PM

Good luck to you buddy. I'll stay tuned for any updates.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:31 PM
1st Gear

Ive done a bit more digging on this prior to my weekend of volt meter testing and I have ive noticed that the little led on the radio which I am presuming should be a alarm light does not come one when the keys are removed or when the radio is turned off. But instead the radio lights come one. So im guessing theres been some miss wiring or a relay of somesort is playing up. The cat as had a hands free phone installed so it could be somewhere along those lines or when this may have started.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:04 PM
1st Gear

Well I stripped the radio today disconnected the wires from behined took the fuse out. Also unsrewed the faceplate and cleaned the contacts. Put it all back together and it turned on as usual did not ask for a code either but unfortunalty it did the same. The unit turns on when the button is pressed lights up plays everything fine. I turn the unit off and the lights go off. But as soon as I remove the keys from the barrell the l unit luminates and remains on glowing.

Not sure what im going to do now I even used a volt meter to find out if any wires became live but nothing so I think it might be a radio circuit. Well the only one thing i may do is to add a switch to turn the power on and off.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:26 PM
1st Gear

i had my share of problems with my radio, my car is a b6 a4 and the cd/radio locks and red lite illuminates, and when i tried to turn the radio on, it wouldn't, and what i did was disconnected the battery, let it sit for a minute and put it back on. that fixed the problem...AND NOW THERE IS A LINE OF DEAD PIXELS... I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO... I GUESS YOU CANT ALWAYS WIN BUT AT LEAST IT DOESNT DO THAT PROBLEM AGAIN. and another problem, it turns volume up and down by itself..(not the cvc) it has mind of its own

Old 01-27-2007, 05:02 PM
1st Gear

i did notice one thing with the face plate its connector to the back is very sort and any slight movement can disloged the connector very easly. I pushed the side brackets back a bit before screwing in back on. I had the same problem as yours when i first did it today. Pixels missing and not turning on.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:31 PM
1st Gear

same problem tonight and naturally raining w high wind gusts