Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Woes, PLEASE HELP!

Old 08-29-2016, 01:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi Woes, PLEASE HELP!

Good Afternoon everyone. I'm new here and i'm just looking to get some advice on what steps to take after purchasing this vehicle.

On June 2016, I purchased a used 2011 Audi A4 Quattro with 90k. Unfortunately my credit isn't the best right now so I went to a used car dealership. Rode the car for about 2 days and I noticed that during startups in the morning, it would shake and idle very violently, only to eventually shut off.

After 3 days of this happening, I returned it to the dealer and explained the situation. Along with the violent shaking, it needed a new AC blower motor too.

I was given a rental and they "claimed" to have fixed the issue by replacing the oil pump. The next day, the same thing happened and they told me that they weren't obligated to fix anything else due to it being ''As is''

I then took it to a reputable dealer and I was informed I had a rear main seal leak, a oil separator and a front upstream 02 sensor and a new cat. They showed me that the cat I had was extremely clogged. Then they explained that my timing jumped and I would need a new timing chain along with a tensioner. I told them to fix it.

A few weeks later, I got everything fixed. I picked up my car on 8/24/16 after forking out $3700 in repairs.. I drove it for 20 mins, I saw black smoke and smelled gas. She started to idle rough again and she STALLED at a red light!! Now the car won't even turn on!!!!

So, i'm at a loss. The repair shop has it and they think it may be a bent valve so they're going to do a pressure test but I have NO clue what to do! Any advice and help is appreciated. I just want the thing to run. Thanks for listening and I apologize for being so long-winded.

Old 10-05-2016, 11:10 PM
1st Gear

look into the local lemon laws for the ******* waste of a car lot you bought it from and take them to court